Has it really been a year already? I can hardly believe it. Last year on Superbowl Sunday I sat down at the computer and started this blogging adventure. It has been so much fun and one of the most rewarding things I’ve done in a very long time. All along the way I’ve met some super nice people. I’ve cooked a lot. I’ve gone from photographing with a cheap point and shoot camera to trying to learn to use a DSLR. Still working on that part :-)
Since I started Never Enough Thyme one year ago, I’ve made 115 posts and all of you have left 1,119 comments. Not bad. Not bad at all. To mark the one year anniversary, I thought I’d share with you some of the most popular of those 115 posts.
The most visited post, by far, was the Slow Cooker Ribs. I would have never guessed when I posted that one that it would be so popular! But you all really went for that one. Some of your other favorites were:
- Seafood Casserole - this one was published online by Saveur Magazine and ran a close second to the Slow Cooker Ribs. Saveur publishing this recipe was one of the highlights of the whole year for me.
- Bistro Chicken - No surprise there! This one is easy to prepare and the whole family will love it.
- Salmon Croquettes – Comfort food from my childhood. Probably from yours, too.
- Homemade Marshmallows - So much fun! I plan on doing more recipes in the coming year featuring items you typically purchase at the grocery store but which can be made simply and less expensively at home.
- Hambone Soup – Another favorite and a good “use it up” recipe for leftovers.
- Pot Roast with Rosemary and Garlic - Just a really good, flavorful pot roast. Great Sunday dinner.
Those are all really good recipes! I enjoy each one of them, but there are a few others that fall in my personal favorites category. If you missed these, you might want to go back and give them a second look:
- Boiled Peanuts - Because it takes me back to my childhood in south Georgia.
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Because it reminds me of my Daddy.
- Baked Alaska - Because it makes me think of my Mama.
- Pasta d’Arrabiata – Because it’s a favorite of BeeBop’s.
- Mini-Caprese Appetizers – So easy for a party and everyone loves them.
- Steak Sandwich – Cook this for your guy and he’ll be yours forever!
- Cheese Grits - A truly southern dish for a truly southern girl.
- Make Your Own Butter – You wouldn’t believe how different homemade butter tastes.
It has truly been an incredibly fun year! But I couldn’t have done it alone. So many people have encouraged and complimented me along the way. My Mama who always has something positive to say, my daughter Laura who made the very first comment ever on here and, of course, Bill. My wonderful husband without whose help, encouragement and pride in me I’d never have taken the first step on this path. He cleans up after everything I cook, lifts the heaviest pots in and out of the oven, and patiently holds lights and helps arrange props while I’m photographing his dinner. And, last but certainly not least, all of you who visit and comment on the recipes I post. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
I’m going to keep cooking and I hope you’ll all keep visiting. As a matter of fact, the kitchen timer is beeping at me right now. Gotta run!