Thanksgiving Roundup

by Lana Stuart on November 24, 2010 · 9 comments

Post image for Thanksgiving Roundup

It’s almost here! Thanksgiving! We have our two adorable grandchildren and our daughter already with us and my mother and grandmother are on the way even as I write this post. My menu is finalized. The pumpkin pie is in the oven, butterbeans are cooking and the turkey is ready for the oven tomorrow morning.

Just in case you’re still looking for one perfect dish to finish your menu, here’s a selection of some past posts where you just might find what you need.

Turkey and Southern Cornbread Dressing

Turkey and Southern Cornbread Dressing

Kumquat-Dried Cherry Chutney and Cranberry-Orange Relish

Kumquat & Dried Cherry Chutney; Cranberry-Orange Relish

Baked Fruit

Baked Fruit

Pecan Cheesecake Pie

Pecan Cheesecake Pie

Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Roll

Pumpkin Roll

There! I’m sure there’s something in that list that you and your family will enjoy for Thanksgiving.

From me to everyone who visits this little blog – a very Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your day is filled with good food, good friends, family and and all the wonderful blessings life has to offer.

Now – get ready for the mad dash to Christmas!

1 Nancy Hardee November 24, 2010 at 4:46 pm

My mother in law makes a very similar dressing but instead of putting it in a casserole she makes little patties. The way everyone can get an edge!! She never told me exactly how to make it. I try every year and have gotten close. Also a very important question. Can you do grocery store frozen butter beans in the crock pot?

2 Lana November 24, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I’m sure you can do any kind of frozen butter beans in the crock pot. Happy Thanksgiving, Nancy!

3 Happier Than A Pig in Mud November 24, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Have a Happy Thanksgiving-enjoy:@)

4 Lana November 24, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Thanks so much. The same back to you.

5 Lauren at KeepItSweet November 25, 2010 at 8:01 am

great table decor! happy thanksgiving:-)

6 Drick November 25, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Your table looks set and ready and it is beautiful, love the pumpkin theme… hope you are enjoying your family being together and know they are loving your great food, the food we southerners only know!!! Happy Thanksgiving Lana, hope your day was blessed

7 megan November 25, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Lana, what a wonderful round up! Everything looks delicious and your table is beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!

8 Neena November 27, 2010 at 11:13 am

The Thanksgiving meal was as wonderful as it looks. Everything delicious, especially the kumquat sauce. Can’t wait to make it myself. The food & family all made a memorable day. Thank you for being so gracious and having your Mama & Grandmother. Looking forward to seeing the pictures we took. Love to you.

9 Robyn | Add a Pinch November 29, 2010 at 9:37 am

Lovely table, Lana. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Thanks for joining in on Mingle Monday.