Never Enough Thyme’s Best of 2010

by Lana Stuart on December 30, 2010 · 12 comments

It’s almost the end of the year. As far as the blog goes, it was a year of learning for me. Learning what my readers enjoy reading and what I enjoy writing about. There was a lot of learning about the mechanics of a blog also. I did a lot of cooking and posting on Never Enough Thyme in 2010, so I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you today. I know I said I was taking a break until January, and I am. I’ll be back with new recipes next week! In the meantime, enjoy this review of the Best of 2010.

Best of 2010 - Part 1

A Southern favorite – Fried Catfish and Cheese Grits / Georgia BLT – fried green tomatoes and bacon! / Southern Sweet Tea – house wine of the South / How to Set the Table - I worried that readers would be put off by this post, but it received more comments than any post I’ve ever written / Huevos and Grits, Y’all – a combination of classic southern cheese grits and southwestern huevos rancheros that is delicious! / NeeNa’s Company Chicken – a delicious combination of chicken breast and country ham

Best of 2010 - Part 2

Chicken Jallop – a recipe unique to south Georgia but which more people should enjoy! / Cheese Pinwheels with Mayhaw Jelly – a recipe from my hometown using one of our local products, Mayhaw Jelly / Pickled Okra – another Southern delicacy / Smothered Barbecued Chicken – the best of both worlds, fried chicken smothered in barbecue sauce / Caramel Layer Cake – a yellow cake layer frosted with creamy caramel frosting

Of course, there were many more posts in 2010 but these are some of my favorites and I hope you enjoyed them as well. I’m looking forward to sharing more of my traditional Southern cooking, along with a few surprises, in 2011. A happy and prosperous New Year to all of you!

1 Drick December 30, 2010 at 6:09 pm

and I remember my mouth watered with every one of these post – pure good ol’ southern at its best…. have a great weekend and a happy start to 2011

2 Lana December 31, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Thanks, Drick! And the same right back to you.

3 Amanda December 30, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Love all your southern favorites Lana! Happy New Year my friend!

4 Lana December 31, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Happy New Year, Amanda! Thanks for all the blog support and your tireless patience answering even the most basic of questions. Looking forward to great things in 2011.

5 Barbara @moderncomfortfood December 31, 2010 at 7:45 am

As a fellow Southerner who also has a deep love of our shared food heritage, I always get so much pleasure from reading your wonderful blog and the recipes you publish. Thank you so much for this excellent roundup of posts, all of which I recall and adored during this past year. Happy new year, dear Lana. I have no doubt that you will have black-eyed for luck and collards for prosperity tomorrow!

6 Lana December 31, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Why, yes. Of course I’ll be enjoying black-eyed peas and greens on New Year’s. For the 56th consecutive year :-)

7 Stephanie December 31, 2010 at 8:02 pm

so much yumminess!

8 clive January 4, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I;m still looking for the bbq sauce secret…right now I am on open pit and maulls….regardless, the chicken is always so damn tasty that when its finished I always wish i had made more. I’m so happy it made it on to the top 10 list……i sort of feel vindicated for blocking my arteries hahahahahaa

thanks for all you share

9 Lyn January 30, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I’ve made your Shrimp and Grits a couple of times…should be included in favorites! Family loved them!

10 Lana January 30, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Thanks so much! It makes me so happy when someone tells me they’ve enjoyed one of my recipes. The shrimp and grits was actually posted in 2011 so I’ll include it in next year’s favorites :-)