Today I have a beautiful, simple, and fresh summer dessert to share with you. And the best part is that there’s almost no cooking involved. Just a few minutes in the oven for the pie shell and that’s it!
This gorgeous pie uses one of my favorite summer fruits – peaches – and features them in the best way possible. Peeled, sliced, and slathered with freshly whipped cream. What could be better for a summer dessert, I ask you?
Since I can’t make a regular pie crust to save my life, I especially like this almond and coconut crust that is just pressed into the pan. Grind the almonds in your food processor, add the coconut, sugar, and melted butter. Mix that all together and press it into the pie pan. Cook it briefly, 12 to 15 minutes will do, and then let it cool completely before you assemble the rest of the pie.
In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, salt, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Spread that mixture on the bottom of the pie shell.
Peel and slice some perfectly ripe peaches and arrange them prettily over the sour cream mixture. Whip the cream with a little sugar and spread that over the peaches.
And, that’s it! Easy as, well…pie!
Fresh peaches with a sour cream filling in an almond and coconut pie shell.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- dash of salt
- 4 tblsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5-6 ripe fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tblsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. Add to a small bowl with the coconut, sugar, and melted butter. Stir together until evenly combined.
- Press into a 9” pie plate. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the shell is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Combine the sour cream, salt, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on the bottom of the prepared pie shell.
- Arrange the peaches on top of the sour cream mixture.
- Beat the cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over peaches.
- Serve immediately.
Other peach pie recipes you might enjoy from around the internet:
- Peach and Creme Fraiche Pie from Smitten Kitchen
- Fresh Peach Pie from Leite’s Culinaria
- Mom’s Peach Pie from A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
- Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Peach Pie from Pink Parsley
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Steak and Peppers
- Two years ago: Pasta with Italian Sausage and Tomatoes
- Three years ago: Orange-Rosemary Grilled Chicken