You know – sometimes I just don’t have a recipe to post. Sometimes other things take priority over cooking. Sometimes I just don’t feel like cooking. All those things kind of came together lately and I arrived at the end of last week with nothing to write about. No new recipes to post. But, you know what? There’s always something interesting going on elsewhere on the web. Bloggers are a prolific bunch so I always know that somebody, somewhere has written something fabulous.
I have already been cooking this weekend and have some things to share with you next week. But, since I don’t have anything new for you right now, I thought I’d share some of the best blog posts I’ve seen this week. Maybe you’ll even find a great new blog to follow!
- A long-time favorite blog of mine is Running With Tweezers. It’s an Atlanta-based blog written by Tami, a professional food stylist and photographer who just happens to be getting married in a few weeks! Tami’s latest recipe, Honey Habanero Salmon, will appeal to all the spicy food lovers!
- Kayotic Kitchen has a fantastic Summer Potato Salad this week. Kay, the blogger, cook, and photographer behind Kayotic Kitchen, was one of the first bloggers I ever “met” when I started Never Enough Thyme. Believe me…her food and photography will blow you away.
- Another long time blogging friend is Amanda from Amanda’s Cookin’. You can always count on Amanda for family-friendly, easy recipes and this week was no exception. Her fantastic recipe for One-Bowl Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting is definitely on my to-make list.
- For beautiful writing along with lovely recipes, take a look at Merry Gourmet. Written by Merry-Jennifer, an oncologist based in Florida, her latest post features an easy recipe for Peach Cobbler Bars and speaks to saying good-byes.
- If you’ve never visited Creative Culinary, you’re in for a treat. My blogging friend, Barb, always posts lovely, creative recipes and you can count on her for a delicious cocktail every Friday. This week’s cocktail post is The Kitty Burke – an Afternoon Cocktail. Enjoy!
That was fun! So much fun that I’m thinking I may make Best of the Blogs into a regular feature. What do you think? Would you enjoy a weekly round-up like this?
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Garlic Butter and Herb Popcorn
- Two years ago: Charlotte Russe
- Three years ago: Cheese Pinwheels with Mayhaw Jelly
- Four years ago: Back to School Dinner – Sloppy Joes