Hi everybody! Did you miss me? Well, in case you didn’t realize I was gone, BeeBop and I spent last week at Panama City Beach, Florida, with our two grand
babieskids. Gosh…I really can’t call them babies any more. The oldest is almost 13 and youngest almost 7! It was a week full of fun but we also made time to slow down and really relax a bit. It had been a long time since we’d last taken a real vacation and we were way overdue for some downtime. I even took a whole week off from the blog! I don’t think I’ve ever done that in the four-plus years I’ve been posting.
Of course, I couldn’t stop taking photos while were gone and I’m sharing some with you in a slideshow after the jump. Enjoy!
Now that vacation is over and we’re all back in our usual routines, I have a very quick, very easy recipe for you. If you already have cucumbers from your garden or farmers’ market, you’ll really appreciate this light cucumber salad with sour cream and dill. It’s so fresh, crunchy, and crispy! A really delicious compliment to any summertime meal.
Peel the cucumber and cut it into thin slices.
Place the slices in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Put the colander on a plate to catch any juices that drain from the cucumbers. Set aside for one hour.
Mix together the remaining ingredients and place in the refrigerator while the cucumbers are draining.
When ready to serve, rinse the cucumber slices and pat dry with paper towels. Toss with the dressing and serve.
This recipe makes 2 servings but can be multiplied as much as you want.
- 1 large cucumber (I used 3 very small ones)
- 2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1 tblsp. light sour cream
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Peel the cucumber(s) and cut into thin slices.
- Place the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Put the colander on a plate to catch any juices that drain from the cucumbers. Set aside for one hour.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and place in the refrigerator while the cucumbers are draining.
- When ready to serve, rinse the cucumbers and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss cucumbers with the dressing and serve.
Other cucumber salad recipes you might enjoy from around the internet:
- Asian Cucumber Salad with Cilantro and Vidalia Onions from Kalyn’sKitchen
- Japanese Cucumber Salad from Just One Cookbook
- Randi’sCucumber Salad from Erin Cooks
- Cucumber Coconut Salad from love food eat
- Cucumber Mango Salad from Elana’sPantry
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad from Sweet Basil
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Banana Split Cones
- Two years ago: Sweet Greek Flatbread and Peaches and Cream Muffins
- Three years ago: Peach Blueberry Yogurt Parfait and Beef and Scallion Stir-Fry
- Four years ago: Shrimp Creole and Egg Muffins