There’s not much better to this southern girl than pork ribs. We most often have them with a barbecue sauce, but sometimes it’s really nice to change that up a bit. These Slow Cooker Tropical Ribs are cooked with a sauce containing lots of fantastic orange and lime flavor. Quite different from the usual plain barbecue sauce. And using your slow cooker means that the oven isn’t going for hours and neither do you have to stand watch over a grill outdoors in the heat. Both of which are why the slow cooker is my favorite way to prepare ribs.
My personal preference is for spare ribs. However, BeeBop likes the “country style” ribs. They’re very meaty and have no bones. He says spare ribs just aren’t worth it for the amount of work you have to do. In other words, there’s not enough meat on those bones for him! And, truth be told, the country style do better in the slow cooker.
Hope you enjoy these. We certainly did!
Place the ribs in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over the ribs.
Cook for 6-7 hours on low setting or until ribs are done throughout. Spoon some of the sauce over the ribs for serving.
More slow cooker rib recipes you might enjoy from around the internet:
- Asian Sticky Slow Cooker Ribs from Oh Sweet Basil
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs from Brown Eyed Baker
- Honey Chipotle Slow Cooker Pork Ribs from Life’s Ambrosia
- Slow Cooked Pork Ribs in Spicy Adobo Sauce from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- Spicy Dr. Pepper Ribs from The Pioneer Woman
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Easy Sausage Muffins
- Two years ago: Pastitsio
- Three years ago: Orange Blossom Muffins
- Four years ago: Hoppin’ John
- Five years ago: Southern Sweet Tea
- Six years ago: Tuna Melt