I’ve really been on a strawberry binge lately. I made an old-fashioned jello mold and a strawberry cobbler. I put some in the freezer for later, most likely for strawberry jam. And I’ve also made muffins! These delicious strawberry-lemon muffins to be exact.
I really enjoy making muffins. They’re much easier than loaves and you get instant portion control! That’s always a plus for me. And although these do have a fair amount of sugar in them, I tried to make them a bit healthier by using part oatmeal and part whole wheat flour. We really enjoyed these and so, reportedly, did BeeBop’s co-workers.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil, milk, egg, vanilla, and lemon juice. (Note: the lemon juice will cause the milk to curdle – this is fine. After all that’s the way you make a substitute for buttermilk when you don’t have any hand, right?)
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except the strawberries. Mix well. Stir the strawberries into the dry ingredient mixture.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Do not overmix.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with the turbinado sugar. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from muffin tin and allow to cool completely.
Other strawberry muffin recipes you might enjoy from around the internet:
- Roasted Strawberry Muffins from Annie’s Eats
- Strawberry Nutella Muffins from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Gluten Free Strawberry Whole Grain Muffins from Gluten-Free Goddess
- Strawberry Muffins Topped with Cinnamon Sugar from Everybody Likes Sandwiches
- Healthy Blueberry Strawberry Muffins from Rachel Cooks
- Strawberry Lemonade Muffins from Baking Bites
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Infused Water (Agua Fresca)
- Two years ago: Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Three years ago: White Pizza
- Four years ago: Real Simple Fried Chicken