A couple of weeks ago, I saw a tweet from Ro-Tel talking about a new product they’d just introduced. It was their tomato and green chili sauce. Well, one tweet led to another and before you know it I had a little box delivered to my door with a can of that sauce inside. They were nice enough to even include several recipes I might like to try using their new sauce. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, too!
The recipe I chose to make first was this Tex-Mex Meatballs and Rice. The meatballs are baked and then coated with a delicious tomato and green chili sauce and the whole thing served over brown rice. We thoroughly enjoyed this recipe and hope you will, too.
This would be a delicious addition to your Cinco de Mayo menu. Or you could always make one of my other Mexican-inspired recipes from past posts. Maybe your folks would like the Machaca Burritos I made a while back:
Or these mouth-watering Carne Asada Tacos:
And what’s Cinco de Mayo without a big bowl of fresh Pico de Gallo?
Add a few cold Coronas or Dos Equis and you’re ready to party!
More ideas you might enjoy for Cinco de Mayo:
- 20 Enchilada Recipes compiled by Recipe Girl
- The BEST Fresh Margarita from Creative Culinary
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes from Tabasco
- The Happy Housewife’s Cinco de Mayo recipes
- More Cinco de Mayo recipes from MyRecipes.com
What I was cooking…
- One year ago: Black Beans and Saffron Rice
- Two years ago: Caramel Layer Cake
- Three years ago: Zucchini “Fries”