Last Saturday my sisters and I had the honor and privilege of celebrating the birthday of one of the two most influential people in our lives – our mother. It was an afternoon full of fun, laughter and good food shared with Mama and many of her closest friends. Enjoy the photos! Oh, and of course, there’s a recipe at the end.
I think everyone at the party had a great time laughing and talking and celebrating Mama’s special day. I know we “girls” did! Here’s a huge “thank you” to both my sisters for everything they did to pull this day together. And, just in case you’re interested, the birthday we were celebrating was her 75th. Yes, you read that right – 75. She doesn’t look anywhere close to 75, does she?
And, as promised, down b the recipe for that delicious Apple-Pear Salad we served.
Have you tried this recipe? I’d really appreciate you giving it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card or in the comments section.
AND REMEMBER TO SIGN UP FOR MY FACEBOOK GROUP.
If you’d like to hang out with me and lots of other online Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Apple-Pear Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
For the salad:
- 1 lb. ready-to-serve Butter Lettuce
- 6 oz. Swiss or Gruyere cheese shaved
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple thinly sliced
- 1 large pear thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup extra light olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tblsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tsp. finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
To make the dressing:
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. May be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Serve at room temperature.
To assemble the salad:
- Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.