Italian Marinated Chicken with Garlic Toast – chicken marinated with Italian flavors, then grilled and tossed with pesto and served over hot garlic toast.
I have something a little bit different and a whole lot of fun for you today. When I recently started working on creating a few new recipes for Tyson Fresh Chicken, I knew that I wanted to include something just for snacking.
After all, it is football season and how can you possibly watch a football game without a great snack to enjoy along with it? I also knew that I wanted it to be a bit different. Something other than wings! Not that wings aren’t great because, well, they are, but I wanted to branch out a bit. And that’s how this recipe for Italian Marinated Chicken with Garlic Toast came about.
This is lusciously marinated chunks of chicken that are grilled and then tossed with pesto. They’re then piled on top of hot garlic toast. I have one word for this – yum!
And let me tell you something else. If you have any leftovers, you can rewarm them, toss them with some more pesto and serve it over pasta for dinner the following night. Scrumptious!
How to Make Italian Marinated Chicken with Garlic Toast
Tyson Fresh Chicken is always my first choice for recipes. It’s been raised by family farmers for more than 75 years and is all natural* with no added hormones or steroids**. Each individual piece is hand-trimmed to save you time and it arrives at your store within days of leaving the farm. That means you get a very dependably fresh product.
Cut the chicken breasts into approximately 1” pieces.
In a large, zip top bag, combine the olive oil, lemon, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and marinate, refrigerated, for up to one hour.
Prepare your grill (gas or charcoal) for medium-high cooking.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers. If you’re using wooden skewers be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using. It keeps them from catching fire on the grill! Discard the marinade.
Cook the skewers, turning frequently, until nicely browned and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Prepare the garlic bread according to the package instructions. I used one of the frozen mini loaves and just wrapped it in foil and added it to the grill.
Remove the chicken from the skewers and toss with 1/4 cup pesto. I purchased a prepared pesto but if you’d like to make your own, please do!
Spread the cooked garlic bread with the remaining pesto and top with the chicken. Cut crosswise into approximately 2” pieces for serving.
* Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients.
** Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.
More Chicken Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Asian Style Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Rosemary Lemon Spatchcocked Chicken
- Paprika Chicken
- Nana’s Chicken Fingers
Grilled Chicken Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Grilled Chicken with Lemon, Capers, and Oregano from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- The Pioneer Woman’s Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Kabobs from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Oregano from Recipe Girl
- Sticky Honey Lime Grilled Chicken from Oh, Sweet Basil
- Alabama White Barbecue Sauce Grilled Chicken from Buns in my Oven
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless Tyson chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 mini-loaf frozen garlic bread
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Cut the chicken breasts into approximately 1” pieces.
- In a large, re-sealable bag, combine the olive oil, lemon, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken, close the bag, and marinate, refrigerated for up to one hour.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers.
- Cook, turning frequently, until nicely browned and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Prepare the garlic bread according to the package instructions.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers, place in a medium bowl, and toss with 1/4 cup pesto.
- Spread the cooked garlic bread with the remaining pesto and top with chicken.
- Cut crosswise into approximately 2” pieces for serving.
If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking to prevent burning.
Leftovers (if any!) of this are delicious rewarmed and tossed with pasta and a little additional pesto.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 466 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 134mg Sodium: 521mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 50g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
— This post was originally sponsored by Tyson Chicken.