Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Cake is a simple and delicious dessert for any fall dinner, holiday or special occasion!
Y'all know how much I adore my vintage recipes. And you also know that I'm not opposed to taking a shortcut in the kitchen now and then, either. So what could be better than a vintage shortcut recipe!?
Some of the best vintage cake recipes are the "dump" cakes. You know - dump a can of this and a can of that and combine it with a cake mix? Some of those recipes are soooo good. Well, this Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Cake is similar except that it's not dumped, it's layered.
You mix up a wet layer that goes on the bottom, then sprinkle it with dry cake mix, top it with pecans and butter and pop it in the oven. An hour later - cake! If it takes you more than 10 minutes to put this together, you're doing it wrong ;-)
In the interest of full disclosure, I will say that this recipe is probably not for those of you who are watching your calories. However, if you're up for a little indulgence - go for it!
Hope you enjoy this one!
How to Make Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Cake:
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9x13 baking dish or pan. Set aside.
Mix the pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin layer.
Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the dry cake mix.
Pour the melted butter evenly over the pecan layer.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cake is set in the center. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
When ready to serve, whip the cream on high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat 1 more minute. Top individual servings with whipped cream.
More Pumpkin Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread
- Glazed Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
- Pumpkin Seed Breadsticks
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Roll
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Seed Brittle
Cake Mix Shortcut Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake Mix Bars from Real Mom Kitchen
- Rolo Cake Mix Cookies from Buns in My Oven
- Old Fashioned Spice Cake with Caramel Glaze from Eat at Home
- German Chocolate Cake from Just a Taste
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies from Eclectic Recipes
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Cake
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tblsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9x13 baking dish or pan. Set aside.
- Mix the pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pumpkin layer. Sprinkle pecans over dry cake mix. Pour melted butter evenly over pecan layer.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake is set in center.
- Allow to cool completely.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream on high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat 1 more minute. Top individual servings with whipped cream.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →