Raspberries and Cream – perfectly ripe, fresh raspberries topped with sweetened whipped cream and a sprinkling of chopped chocolate.
Sometimes the best recipes aren’t complicated at all. Sometimes it’s just about what’s fresh and perfectly ripe.
Now, I know that raspberries don’t really come into season until about mid-summer but our local Publix store has had some of the best ones lately! I don’t know where they’re coming from. I just hope they keep on coming. These berries were so juicy, so ripe, tart, and tender! All they really needed was a little cream and a sprinkling of chocolate to become a perfect dessert.
How to Make Raspberries and Cream
Sprinkle the raspberries with 1 teaspoon of the sugar and the orange liqueur, if using. Toss very gently. Let them stand for an hour or so at room temperature. The sugar will dissolve and the berries will be wonderfully sweet and infused with the liqueur. Of course, the liqueur is totally optional and it’s just as good without.
Chop the chocolate. I used a bit of semi-sweet because that’s what I happened to have. This would be really delicious with a good dark chocolate, too.
Now whip the cream with the vanilla extract and remaining sugar until soft peaks form. You can get out an electric mixer for this if you want but for this tiny amount of cream, I just use a regular old whisk. Takes about the same amount of time and keeps the kitchen nicely calm and serene.
To serve, layer the raspberries, cream, and chocolate in individual serving bowls or glasses. I used a couple of highball glasses and it worked out perfectly.
More Berry Dessert Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Fresh Berries
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Banana Split Icebox Cake
Fresh Raspberry Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Lemon Baby Cakes with Fresh Raspberry Cream from A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Easy Raspberry Chipotle Sauce from Food Renegade
- Summer Raspberry Lemonade from My Baking Addiction
- Raspberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Novice Chef
Pin to Your Pinterest Dessert Board!
- 6 oz. container fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp. orange liqueur (optional)
- 3 tsp. sugar, divided
- 1 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 4 oz. whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sprinkle the raspberries with 1 teaspoon of the sugar and liqueur, if using, and let stand for an hour or so at room temperature.
- Chop the chocolate.
- Whip the cream with the remaining sugar until soft peaks form.
- Layer the raspberries, cream, and chocolate in a bowl or glass.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 366 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 21mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 20g Protein: 3g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: