Shrimp and Artichoke Pasta - fresh shrimp and artichoke hearts combine with creamy garlic noodles in this easy and quick dinner dish.
Did everyone have a great Thanksgiving? Did you see lots of family and eat lots of great food? We surely did! Although we missed seeing NeeNa and Polly this year, we did have our daughter and grandchildren with us.
We had turkey, dressing, and all the trimmings. And we've had it several times more since last Thursday. Frankly, we're kind of sick of it now and need something completely different.
If you're feeling that way, too, then this is a really easy, last minute dish you can make for your family that will take you completely away from the Thanksgiving leftovers!
I know you will notice that I'm using a packaged mix in this recipe. That's pretty unusual for me. However, I needed a shortcut and that Knorr butter and herb pasta fill the bill perfectly! Give it a try and I'll bet you like it. However, be sure to check the amount of sodium if that is a concern for you.
How to Make Shrimp and Artichoke Pasta
Chop the onion. In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the onion and cook it until tender.
Add the water and bring it to a boil. Stir in contents of the butter and herb pasta package and continue boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
Meanwhile, finely mince the garlic and parsley.
Open and drain the artichokes. Be sure to use the plain artichoke hearts, not the marinated ones. I purchased the quartered artichoke hearts, but if you have larger pieces you'll need to cut them into quarters.
And as far as brands go, Vigo is really excellent. I find their quality to be top-notch in all their products so I feel comfortable recommending them to you all.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Watch to make sure the garlic does not turn brown.
Add the shrimp and artichokes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
Add the shrimp mixture into the now tender noodles.
Mix well to combine.
More Pasta Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Jumbo Meatballs and Spaghetti
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Creamy Shrimp and Pasta
- Classic Pasta Puttanesca
- Pasta with Sausage and Leeks
Shrimp and Artichoke Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Shrimp Scampi with Artichokes from Serious Eats
- 15 Minute Sauteed Shrimp with Artichokes from Healthy Delicious
- Baked Greek Shrimp with Artichokes from Cookin' Canuck
- Shrimp and Artichoke Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette from Gimme Some Oven
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Shrimp and Artichoke Pasta
- 4 tblsp butter divided
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr Pasta Sides Butter & Herb
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and halved
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the onion and cook until tender. Add water and bring to a boil. Stir in contents of the pasta package and continue boiling over medium heat stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with olive oil. Add garlic, cook over medium-high heat 30 seconds. Add shrimp and artichokes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper. Combine shrimp mixture with hot noodles.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.