Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread
A not-too-sweet pumpkin quick bread with the addition of wild American black walnuts.
Servings 12 servings
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped black walnuts (or substitute regular walnuts or pecans)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
Combine the eggs, oil, pumpkin and water in a large bowl.
Sift the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in walnuts.
Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for one hour or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean.
Dust with powdered sugar after the bread has cooled (optional).
- This bread is really delicious on its own, but it's even better spread with a little cream cheese, butter, or honey.
- This loaf is very versatile and can serve as either dessert, breakfast, or a snack.
- To store, wrap it well or slip it into a plastic bag. Keep it for up to two days at room temperature. For longer storage, I'd recommend freezing your bread.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 3217IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg