My Favorite Greek Salad
Greek Salad with salami, red onions, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese, tossed in a fresh, tangy Greek salad dressing.
Servings 2 servings
For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove finely minced or grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
For the salad:
- 9 oz Romaine lettuce washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- ½ medium red onion sliced into thin half moons
- ¾ cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 4 oz feta cheese diced
- 12 pepperoncini
- 8 oz salami diced
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small jar. Shake until well blended. Set it aside for now.
I used the pre-prepped Romaine lettuce from the grocery store as a shortcut. If you're using fresh, you'll need to wash, dry, and cut the Romaine into bite-sized pieces.
Dice the tomatoes, and peel and dice the cucumber.
Slice the red onion into very thin, half-moon shapes and cut the Kalamata olives in half.
Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Shake the dressing again and pour over as much as you'd like to coat the salad. Toss to combine.
Serves 2 as a main course; 4-6 as a side or starter.
My Greek salad dressing recipe below is so delicious and really versatile. Besides being the perfect compliment to this salad, you could also use it for a delicious cold pasta salad, to marinate pork or chicken, or as a simple dip for fresh veggies like celery, cucumbers, or carrots.
Storage: This dressing will keep very well for up to a week in an airtight jar or bottle.
- Instead of mincing or chopping the garlic, trying grating it on a fine grater.
- To mellow the red onions and remove some of the harshness, rinse them briefly after slicing. Dry thoroughly before adding to the salad.
- I recommend using an English cucumber for this salad. They have fewer seeds and rarely have a bitter taste.
- Ask your deli for two slices of salami about ½-inch thick (that's usually a total of about 8 ounces), and then I cut those into cubes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 1141kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 101g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 4592mg | Potassium: 1370mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 12397IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 426mg | Iron: 5mg