Easy Sausage Muffins
My Easy Sausage Muffins are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast! They're savory breakfast muffins full of sausage, eggs, and Cheddar cheese.
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup baking mix recommend: Bisquick
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until no pink color remains. As the sausage cooks, break it up using a potato masher or large fork so that it is crumbly and loose. Drain as much fat as possible from the cooked sausage.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, shredded cheese, cooked drained sausage and baking mix. Stir until thoroughly combined.
Fill muffin cups about ¾ full. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Some great ways to vary this recipe include:
To store: Wrap individual muffins in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for as much as 5 days. For longer storage, wrap well and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat: Reheat refrigerated muffins for up to 60 seconds in the microwave. Frozen muffins should be defrosted overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Tip: Bake these in mini-muffin tins and serve them with your game day spread! They're great with a little spicy mustard to spread on top and your favorite adult beverage.
- Substitute bacon or ham for the breakfast sausage
- Use turkey sausage instead of pork sausage
- Choose mild, medium, or hot sausage according to your preference; or use a sage flavored or maple-flavored sausage
- Great add-ins are finely diced green onion, jalapeno, or bell pepper; or try about ¾ cup of cooked, very well-drained greens such as spinach or kale
- For a different flavor profile, try using pepper jack cheese with the addition of jalapenos in the batter
Serving: 1g | Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 447mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 202IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg