Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Grapes - a surprising combination for a refreshing summery pasta salad. Great for a cookout or picnic!
Like most food bloggers and people who enjoy cooking, I get dozens of emails each week that are just packed full of new recipes to try. One of my favorites is the email I get from myrecipes.com. There's always something delicious and appropriate for the season in that email.
Several years ago, the MyRecipes email really caught my attention with this recipe. It's a great little bow tie pasta salad with a twist - green grapes.
I'm quite sure I've never seen grapes in a pasta salad, especially one with a vinaigrette dressing, so I was really interested in trying it. And I'm here to tell you that recipe was so delicious, even after I put my own tweaks in it, that it has stayed on my recipe rotation ever since.
The contrast of the sweet grapes with the vinaigrette and the salty tangy-ness of the feta cheese really makes for a different and very enjoyable pasta salad. Make this one and take it to your next potluck or cookout and you'll be sure to get tons of compliments.
Get a Free Cookbook!
How to Make Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Grapes
It couldn't be much simpler than this. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain it and toss it in a big bowl with the grape tomatoes, green grapes, and basil.
Make the vinaigrette in a small bowl, pour it over the pasta mixture and toss everything together. Add a little feta, gently toss it all together and that's it!
More Recipes You May Like
- Summertime Pasta Salad
- Creamy Ham and Red Bell Pepper Pasta
- Pasta Puttanesca
- Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato (BLT) Pasta
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Grapes
- 6 oz. bow tie pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup green grapes halved
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tblsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 2 tsp. capers
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- Cook bow tie pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, grapes, basil, and well-drained pasta.
- To a small bowl, add the vinegar, shallot, capers, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually add the oil while whisking constantly. Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and stir to coat well. Add the cheese and toss gently to combine.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.