Discover a tasty twist on pasta salad with this Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Grapes recipe. Bursting with the bright flavors of grape tomatoes, green grapes, and tangy dressing, it’s a refreshing dish that’s perfect for a summer cookout or picnic!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
When it comes to summer recipes, light and refreshing dishes are always a hit. If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful salad to enjoy during the warmer months, then this delicious Bowtie Pasta Salad with Grapes and Tomatoes is just what you need.
Packed with vibrant colors and fresh produce, this salad is a delightful combination of sweet and tangy. The contrast of the sweet grapes with the vinaigrette and the salty, tangy feta cheese makes for a unique pasta salad. Make this one and take it to your next potluck or cookout and you’ll be sure to get tons of compliments.
❤️ Why We Love This Recipe
- It serves up a huge burst of flavors – The combination of juicy grape tomatoes, green grapes, and aromatic basil brings a burst of flavor to every bite.
- It’s quick and easy – With simple ingredients and instructions, this recipe is a breeze to make, saving you time and effort in the kitchen.
- It’s versatile – This pasta salad can be served as a side dish, a light lunch, or even as a main course by adding grilled chicken or shrimp.
- Eye-catching presentation – The vibrant colors of the ingredients make this salad a visual delight, perfect for gatherings and potlucks.
🛒 Ingredient Notes
This post contains affiliate links. Lana’s Cooking is reader-supported and earns a tiny commission at no extra cost to you when you shop from our links.
- Bow tie pasta – Fun pasta shapes make ordinary recipes more interesting, but feel free to use any short-cut pasta you have on hand. Macaroni, fusilli, and penne all work well for this recipe.
- Grape tomatoes – You can, of course, use cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes in a variety of colors make a pretty presentation.
- Green grapes – Be sure to use ripe, sweet grapes!
- Fresh basil – Use fresh if possible and cut it finely.
- Red wine vinegar – Essential for the vinaigrette dressing.
- Shallot – I prefer shallots but you can certainly substitute green onion or finely diced red onion.
- Capers – Capers add a piquancy that can’t easily be substituted. If you don’t care for them, simply omit them.
- Dijon mustard – My favorite is always Maille. It has a much milder, more mellow flavor than some other brands.
- Feta cheese – I prefer to purchase a block of feta and crumble it myself.
🍲 Equipment You’ll Find Useful
My Favorite Colander
🥄 How to Make Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Grapes
- It couldn’t be much simpler than this. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain it well and add it in a big bowl with the grape tomatoes, green grapes, and basil.
- Make the vinaigrette in a small bowl, pour it over the pasta mixture and toss everything together. Add a little feta, gently toss it all together and that’s it!
- Allow the flavors to meld together for at least 15 minutes before serving. You can also refrigerate the salad for a couple of hours to let the flavors intensify. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- For added protein, include grilled chicken, cooked shrimp, or chickpeas.
- Give it a nutty crunch by including a few toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts.
- Experiment with different herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or mint to give the salad a unique twist.
- Add other fresh vegetables such as sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, or red onions to customize the salad to your liking.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
- Serve as a side dish alongside grilled meats or seafood.
- Pack it for a picnic or a summer potluck gathering.
- Pair with a warm baguette or garlic bread for a satisfying meal on its own.
🍚 Storage Information
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for three to four days.
More Questions? I’m happy to help!
If you have more questions about the recipe, or if you’ve made it and would like to leave a comment, scroll down to leave your thoughts, questions, and/or rating!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Grapes
- 6 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup green grapes halved
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 2 teaspoons capers drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Cook bow tie pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, grapes, basil, and well-drained pasta.
- To a small bowl, add the vinegar, shallot, capers, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually add the oil while whisking constantly. Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and stir to coat well. Add the cheese and toss gently to combine.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to marry before serving.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your healthcare provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
— This post was originally published on June 8, 2012. It has been updated with additional information.