We always need good, basic recipes don’t we? And one of the most basic recipes you could have in your repertoire is a light, fresh citrus vinaigrette. I’ve always preferred making my own salad dressings anyway – they’re more economical and just plain taste better than bottled. Plus, I can have a different dressing any time I want instead of half used bottles of salad dressing cluttering up my fridge.
This delicious Lemon Vinaigrette is full of fresh flavors. And not only is it wonderful as a salad dressing, I often drizzle it over steamed vegetables (it’s great on asparagus or green beans) and even on broiled fish. It’s a versatile recipe that can be adapted to most any citrus you might have on hand. I’ve used it to make orange, tangerine, even grapefruit vinaigrette (which is wonderful on any salad with avocado in it!). For this post, I served it with a very simple salad of tomato, cucumber, and feta cheese.
Give this a try and you just may never go back to bottled dressings!
For this dressing, choose a juicy lemon with bright yellow, unblemished skin. Zest and juice the lemon.
Mix together the apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. (Note: because this vinaigrette doesn’t use mustard like a traditional vinaigrette, it won’t emulsify well. Be sure to re-whisk or stir well before serving each time.)
May be stored for up to one week in the refrigerator.
More vinaigrette recipes you might enjoy…
- French Vinaigrette from David Lebovitz
- Strawberry Vinaigrette from The Gracious Pantry
- Basil Vinaigrette from Simply Recipes
- Smoked Tomato and Bacon Vinaigrette from Healthy Delicious
- Shallot Vinaigrette from Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Asian Orange Ginger Vinaigrette from Steamy Kitchen
What I was up to…
- One year ago: 14 Chocolate Recipes Perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Two years ago: Mr. Guinness’ Cake
- Three years ago: Cheese Fondue
- Four years ago: Date Nut Oatmeal
- Five years ago: Peas with Lettuce
- Six years ago: Neena’s Company Chicken
- Seven years ago: Outrageous Chocolate Cookies