Lemon Vinaigrette - a light, refreshing homemade salad dressing. Give this a try and you may never go back to bottled dressings!
We always need good, basic recipes don't we? And one of the most basic recipes you could have at hand is a light, fresh citrus vinaigrette.
I've always preferred making my own salad dressings anyway - they're more economical and just plain taste better than bottled. Plus, I can have a different dressing any time I want without half used bottles cluttering up my fridge.
This delicious Lemon Vinaigrette is full of fresh flavors. And not only is it wonderful as a salad dressing, I often drizzle it over steamed vegetables (it's great on asparagus or green beans) and even on broiled fish.
This is a versatile recipe that can be adapted to most any citrus you might have on hand. I've used it to make orange, tangerine, even grapefruit vinaigrette (which is wonderful on any salad with avocado in it!). For this post, I served it with a very simple salad of tomato, cucumber, and feta cheese.
Give this a try and you just may never go back to bottled dressings!
How to Make Lemon Vinaigrette
For this dressing, choose a juicy lemon with bright yellow, unblemished skin. Zest and juice the lemon.
Mix together the apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. (Note: because this vinaigrette doesn't use mustard like a traditional vinaigrette, it won't emulsify well. Be sure to re-whisk or stir well before serving each time.)
May be stored for up to one week in the refrigerator.
More Recipes You'll Love ...
- Spring Salad with Strawberries and Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Pear Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Winter Shrimp Salad with Citrus Dressing
- My Favorite Greek Salad with recipe for Greek Salad Dressing
More delicious vinaigrette recipes ...
- French Vinaigrette from David Lebovitz
- Strawberry Vinaigrette from The Gracious Pantry
- Smoked Tomato and Bacon Vinaigrette from Healthy Delicious
- Shallot Vinaigrette from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- Juice of a lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mix together the first six ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.