Use leftovers to make this great game day snack recipe of Chili Cheese Browns.
Don't you like it when you can take a few leftovers and make them into something totally new? I surely do. It satisfies both my need to be creative in the kitchen and to be frugal as well. That's exactly how creating these Chili Cheese Browns made me feel.
It was a Saturday afternoon - which is, as everyone knows, prime football watching time - and we needed something to enjoy while watching the game.
I thought chili cheese fries would be really good and I had chili leftover from the night before, but there were no frozen fries in the house and I really didn't want to make them from scratch. There were, however, a couple of frozen hash brown patties in the freezer leftover from breakfast. Voila - a new idea was born.
I took those frozen hash brown patties, topped them with the warmed leftover chili, some shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and diced green onions. Wow were these good!
Besides being a great game day snack, these Chili Cheese Browns would be a fantastic quick weekday supper. Add a fresh green salad and you're all set!
How to Make Chili Cheese Browns:
Prepare hash brown patties according to the package instructions. Place each patty in an individual serving dish.
Warm the leftover chili and spoon it over the hash browns.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese and diced green onions.
More Chili Recipes from Never Enough Thyme:
Similar recipes you might enjoy:
- Chili Cheese Fries from Leite's Culinaria
- Cowboy Bacon Chili Cheese Fries from White on Rice Couple
- Sweet Potato Chili Cheese Rounds from How Sweet It Is
- Vegetarian Chili Cheese Fries from Naturally Ella
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Chili Cheese Browns
- 2 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 cup leftover prepared chili
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tblsp. diced green onion
- Prepare the hash brown patties according to the package instructions.
- Place one patty in each of two small serving dishes.
- Top each with half the reheated chili.
- Top with cheese and green onions.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →