Sausage Pineapple Rollups
Sausage Pineapple Rollups – tangy dried pineapple combines with savory sausages in a great appetizer for football parties, tailgating, or just snacking.
As much as I enjoy food, you might be surprised to know that I’m not much of a snacker. I try to have three fairly well balanced meals every day with lots of veggies, some protein, and a few carbs. And I rarely think of snacking in between.
However, I really do like “finger foods.” A buffet with lots of little bites of different things instead of a balanced plate is a real treat that, every once in a while on a weekend, BeeBop and I both enjoy while watching a ballgame or a movie. So, instead of cooking a meal, I’ll put out a spread of lots of our favorite things to pick up at will throughout the evening.
These little Sausage-Pineapple Rollups are perfect for that type of snacking. They have that lovely sweet-savory quality from the cocktail sausages and dried pineapple and the spicy mustard provides the perfect bit of tartness and heat to set it off. And they’re good either warm from the oven or at room temperature. You might want to save this one for your Super Bowl menu!
How to Make Sausage Pineapple Rollups
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Separate the crescent rolls along perforations. Cut each into two pieces lengthwise. Place one cocktail sausage and one piece of dried pineapple at the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll up from the wide end to the narrow end.
Place rolls on a lined baking sheet.
Beat together the egg white and water. Brush the rollups with egg wash.
Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds and a small amount of coarse salt.
Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature with spicy mustard for dipping.
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
- Meatballs with Dijon-Whiskey Sauce
- Perfect Baked Buffalo Wings
- Easy Sausage Swirls
- Mini Caprese Skewers
- Sausage Balls with Two Dipping Sauces
- Bacon Wrapped Sausage Balls
- Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
I’d LOVE to know what you thought!
Leave a rating below in the comments and let me know how you liked it!
WE’RE ON FACEBOOK, TOO!
If you’d like to hang out with lots of other Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Sausage Pineapple Rollups
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 cocktail sausages
- 16 pieces dried pineapple
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Poppy seeds
- Coarse salt
- Spicy mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate the crescent rolls along perforations. Cut each into two pieces lengthwise.
- Place one cocktail sausage and one piece of dried pineapple at the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll up from the wide end to the narrow end.
- Place rolls on a lined baking sheet.
- Beat together the egg white and water. Brush the rollups with egg wash. Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds and a small amount of coarse salt.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature with spicy mustard for dipping.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
SO easy and definitely a crowd pleaser! Perfect for any game day gatherings.
That looks like a great recipe to make with the kids. They really like anything finger sized, and the rolling of the crescent dough is just fun.
Love this little recipe. Thank you.