Sausage Pineapple Rollups – tangy dried pineapple combines with savory sausages in a great appetizer for football parties, tailgating, or just snacking.
As much as I enjoy food, you might be surprised to know that I’m not much of a snacker. I try to have three fairly well balanced meals every day with lots of veggies, some protein, and a few carbs. And I rarely think of snacking in between.
However, I really do like “finger foods.” A buffet with lots of little bites of different things instead of a balanced plate is a real treat that, every once in a while on a weekend, BeeBop and I both enjoy while watching a ballgame or a movie. So, instead of cooking a meal, I’ll put out a spread of lots of our favorite things to pick up at will throughout the evening.
These little Sausage-Pineapple Rollupsare perfect for that type of snacking. They have that lovely sweet-savory quality from the cocktail sausages and dried pineapple and the spicy mustard provides the perfect bit of tartness and heat to set it off. And they’re good either warm from the oven or at room temperature. You might want to save this one for your Super Bowl menu!
How to Make Sausage Pineapple Rollups:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Separate the crescent rolls along perforations. Cut each into two pieces lengthwise. Place one cocktail sausage and one piece of dried pineapple at the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll up from the wide end to the narrow end.
Place rolls on a lined baking sheet.
Beat together the egg white and water. Brush the rollups with egg wash.
Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds and a small amount of coarse salt.
Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature with spicy mustard for dipping.
More Game Day Appetizer Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Meatballs with Dijon-Whiskey Sauce
- Perfect Baked Buffalo Wings
- Sausage Balls with Two Dipping Sauces
- Bacon Wrapped Sausage Balls
- Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
cocktail sausage recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Pig in a Pancake Pops from Eclectic Recipes
- Puffy Focaccia with Baby Sausages, Herbs, Feta, Garlic & Olive Oil from Scrumptious South Africa
- Slow Cooker Cocktail Sausages from Damn Delicious
- Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Sausages from Our Best Bites
- Sticky Asian Cocktail Sausages from My Fussy Eater
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 cocktail sausages
- 16 pieces dried pineapple
- 1 egg white
- 1 tblsp. water
- Poppy seeds
- Coarse salt
- Spicy mustard (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate the crescent rolls along perforations. Cut each into two pieces lengthwise.
- Place one cocktail sausage and one piece of dried pineapple at the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll up from the wide end to the narrow end.
- Place rolls on a lined baking sheet.
- Beat together the egg white and water. Brush the rollups with egg wash. Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds and a small amount of coarse salt.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature with spicy mustard for dipping.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 269 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 88mg Carbohydrates: 32g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 30g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: