Sausage Pineapple Rollups - tangy dried pineapple combines with savory sausages in a great appetizer for football parties, tailgating, or just snacking.
As much as I enjoy food, you might be surprised to know that I'm not much of a snacker. I try to have three fairly well balanced meals every day with lots of veggies, some protein, and a few carbs. And I rarely think of snacking in between.
However, I really do like "finger foods." A buffet with lots of little bites of different things instead of a balanced plate is a real treat that, every once in a while on a weekend, BeeBop and I both enjoy while watching a ballgame or a movie. So, instead of cooking a meal, I'll put out a spread of lots of our favorite things to pick up at will throughout the evening.
These little Sausage-Pineapple Rollupsare perfect for that type of snacking. They have that lovely sweet-savory quality from the cocktail sausages and dried pineapple and the spicy mustard provides the perfect bit of tartness and heat to set it off. And they're good either warm from the oven or at room temperature. You might want to save this one for your Super Bowl menu!
How to Make Sausage Pineapple Rollups
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Separate the crescent rolls along perforations. Cut each into two pieces lengthwise. Place one cocktail sausage and one piece of dried pineapple at the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll up from the wide end to the narrow end.
Place rolls on a lined baking sheet.
Beat together the egg white and water. Brush the rollups with egg wash.
Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds and a small amount of coarse salt.
Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature with spicy mustard for dipping.
More Game Day Appetizer Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Meatballs with Dijon-Whiskey Sauce
- Perfect Baked Buffalo Wings
- Sausage Balls with Two Dipping Sauces
- Bacon Wrapped Sausage Balls
- Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Cocktail Sausage Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Puffy Focaccia with Baby Sausages, Herbs, Feta, Garlic & Olive Oil from Scrumptious South Africa
- Slow Cooker Cocktail Sausages from Damn Delicious
- Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Sausages from Our Best Bites
- Sticky Asian Cocktail Sausages from My Fussy Eater
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Sausage Pineapple Rollups
- 1 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 cocktail sausages
- 16 pieces dried pineapple
- 1 egg white
- 1 tblsp. water
- Poppy seeds
- Coarse salt
- Spicy mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate the crescent rolls along perforations. Cut each into two pieces lengthwise.
- Place one cocktail sausage and one piece of dried pineapple at the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll up from the wide end to the narrow end.
- Place rolls on a lined baking sheet.
- Beat together the egg white and water. Brush the rollups with egg wash. Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds and a small amount of coarse salt.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature with spicy mustard for dipping.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →