Fresh Strawberry Pie made with Florida strawberries at the height of their season. A sweet ending to a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
Fresh berries are some of my favorite fruits and strawberries are at the top of my berry list. We’re fortunate to live so close to Florida, where the fresh strawberry season runs from December through April, so we have them available for a very long time.
Our fresh berry season here starts to come in just a week or two before the Florida season ends. In another few days, we’ll have u-pick places open everywhere!
What makes berries of all kinds so special is their high levels of phytochemicals which are nutrients that help protect cells from damage. According to a recent study, women who eat about two servings of strawberries a week experienced less mental decline over time than their peers who don’t. Reason enough for me to enjoy strawberries as often as possible!
One of my favorite strawberry recipes is this familiar Fresh Strawberry Pie made with sweet, sweet strawberries and everyone’s favorite – Jell-o. It may be old-fashioned but oh my goodness is it tasty! I like to serve this one as a delicious ending to Sunday dinner. I hope you’ll enjoy it, too.
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Pie
Before you start, you’ll need to prepare a pie shell. You can use a frozen or refrigerated one, or your favorite homemade recipe. For this pie, I like to cook the pie shell until it’s just barely browned.
Wash the strawberries, remove the stems and cut larger berries in half. Set aside.
In a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Slowly whisk in the water.
Continue whisking until the mixture is boiling. Cook until thick and clear, stirring constantly.
Remove the sugar mixture from the heat and add the jello, stirring until dissolved. Add the strawberries and stir very gently to coat each berry.
Pour into the baked, cooled pie shell. Chill until firm. Serve with whipped cream.
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Easy Strawberry Jello Pie
- Red, White, and Blue Jello Parfaits
- Strawberry Cobbler
- Raspberries and Cream
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Have you tried this recipe? I’d really appreciate you giving it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card or in the comments section.
AND REMEMBER TO SIGN UP FOR MY FACEBOOK GROUP.
If you’d like to hang out with me and lots of other online Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 pie shell 9-inch, baked and cooled
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups water
- .3 ounce strawberry Jello
- Whipped cream optional
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stems and cut larger berries in half. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Slowly whisk in the water. Continue whisking until the mixture is boiling. Cook until thick and clear, stirring constantly.
- Remove the sugar mixture from the heat and add the jello, stirring until dissolved. Add the strawberries and stir very gently to coat each berry. Pour into the cooled pie shell.
- Chill until firm. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.