Fresh Strawberry Pie made with Florida strawberries at the height of their season. A sweet ending to a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
Fresh berries are some of my favorite fruits and strawberries are at the top of my berry list. We’re fortunate to live so close to Florida, where the fresh strawberry season runs from December through April, so we have them available for a very long time. Our fresh berry season here starts to come in just a week or two before the Florida season ends. In another few days, we’ll have u-pick places open everywhere!
What makes berries of all kinds so special is their high levels of phytochemicals which are nutrients that help protect cells from damage. According to a recent study, women who eat about two servings of strawberries a week experienced less mental decline over time than their peers who don’t. Reason enough for me to enjoy strawberries as often as possible!
One of my favorite strawberry recipes is this familiar Fresh Strawberry Pie made with sweet, sweet strawberries and everyone’s favorite – Jell-o. It may be old-fashioned but oh my goodness is it tasty! I like to serve this one as a delicious ending to Sunday dinner. I hope you’ll enjoy it, too.
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Pie
Before you start, you’ll need to prepare a pie shell. You can use a frozen or refrigerated one, or your favorite homemade recipe. For this pie, I like to cook the pie shell until it’s just barely browned.
Wash the strawberries, remove the stems and cut larger berries in half. Set aside.
In a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Slowly whisk in the water.
Continue whisking until the mixture is boiling. Cook until thick and clear, stirring constantly.
Remove the sugar mixture from the heat and add the jello, stirring until dissolved. Add the strawberries and stir very gently to coat each berry.
Pour into the baked, cooled pie shell. Chill until firm. Serve with whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings.
More berry Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cobbler
- Raspberries and Cream
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
strawberry pie recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Joy the Baker’s Strawberry Lattice Pie
- Simply Recipes’ Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie from The Pioneer Woman
- Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Dessert for Two
- Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie from Love and Olive Oil
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 9-inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tblsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup water
- .3 oz. pkg strawberry Jello
- Whipped cream
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stems and cut larger berries in half. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Slowly whisk in the water. Continue whisking until the mixture is boiling. Cook until thick and clear, stirring constantly.
- Remove the sugar mixture from the heat and add the jello, stirring until dissolved. Add the strawberries and stir very gently to coat each berry. Pour into the cooled pie shell.
- Chill until firm. Serve with whipped cream.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: