Apple Bourbon Barbecue Turkey Sliders - use purchased slow cooker sauce to make these barbecue turkey sliders quick and easy.
You know what it's like, I know you do. Those days when you don't have a minute to slow down. Getting kids off to school, getting yourself off to work, making lunches, checking homework, running errands...whatever it is that fills your day and makes life hectic. I'm talking about the days when you can't slow down enough to even think about making a homemade meal for your family.
Well, what if I told you that you could put a meal on the table if you have a slow cooker and just 5 minutes to prepare. Could you find 5 minutes to make dinner? Of course, you could! That's less time than it takes to go through the drive-through, right?
Dinner's Ready in 5 Minutes!
So now you're wondering how in the world you can make dinner in 5 minutes. The answer is Campbell's line of Slow Cooker Sauces. Even if you're running in a dozen different directions during the day, these sauces are a great way to help you cook a real meal. All you have to do is put the sauce and meat in your slow cooker and let it do all the work for you.
Since I was asked to create something unique with one of the sauces, I did add one ingredient other than the sauce, but you don't have to! They're already a perfect mix of flavors and nothing extra is needed other than your meat of choice.
The sauce I chose, Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork, is obviously meant to be used with pork but knowing that whatever works with pork usually works with poultry, I opted for lean turkey breast. I added some thinly sliced bell pepper and let it all cook together for about 5 hours.
At the end of cooking, I shredded the turkey breast into the sauce in the slow cooker, whipped up a little chili mayo, and popped that all on a slider bun topped with whole berry cranberry sauce and a bit of cilantro. Served with sides of sweet potato fries and steamed sugar snap peas - oh my gosh how delicious!
These Apple Bourbon Barbecue Turkey Sliders are perfect for a weeknight dinner but they would also be fantastic for a game day gatherings with friends.
[bctt tweet="Apple Bourbon Barbecue Turkey Sliders - use purchased slow cooker sauce to make these barbecue turkey sliders quick and easy." via="no"]
How to Make Apple Bourbon Barbecue Turkey Sliders
Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker and add the bell pepper on top. Pour the Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork sauce over the turkey and bell pepper.
Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high. At the end of cooking time, use two forks to pull the turkey into shreds.
To serve: Spread one cut side of each slider bun with the chili mayonnaise. Top with a generous amount of shredded turkey mixture, a teaspoon of whole berry cranberry sauce and several cilantro leaves.
More Sandwich Recipes on Lana’s Cooking:
- Roasted Tomato Sandwich
- Tea Sandwiches Three Ways
- Mediterranean Pressed Sandwich
- Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish Cream
Slider Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from CopyKat Recipes
- Cubano Sliders from RecipeGirl
- Aloha BBQ Sliders from TidyMom
- Mini Meatball Sliders with Tomato and Basil from Inspired Taste
- BBQ Bean Sliders from Budget Bytes
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Apple Bourbon Barbecue Turkey Sliders
- 3-4 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 pkg. Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork
- 1 pkg. 16 count slider buns
- Chili mayo 1 cup mayo mixed with 1 tblsp. hot chili sauce
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Cilantro leaves
- Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker and add the bell pepper on top. Pour the Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork over the turkey and bell pepper.
- Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high. At the end of cooking time, use two forks to pull the turkey into shreds.
- To serve: Spread one cut side of each slider bun with the chili mayonnaise. Top with a generous amount of shredded turkey mixture, a teaspoon of whole berry cranberry sauce and several cilantro leaves.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
-- This post was originally sponsored by Campbell's