Citrus marinated ribeye steaks - our favorite cut of steak marinated in olive oil, orange, lemon, rosemary, and garlic.
If you've been a follower of this blog for long, you'll already know that we truly enjoy beef around here. Maybe it's because my daddy always had cows on the farm and that meant beef in our freezer when I was growing up. I just know it's always my protein of choice.
We've tried many different ways of cooking steaks over the years and have settled on a dry rub mixture that we usually use. But recently I wanted to try something a little different, so I came up with this recipe for a Citrus Marinated Ribeye with lots of Mediterranean flavors.
The marinade has good olive oil, fresh lemon juice, orange juice, rosemary, and garlic. It's truly delicious!
The only caution - don't leave your steaks in the marinade too long or the citrus juices will start to cook them. Not good.
How to Make Citrus Marinated Ribeye
Just mix up your marinade ingredients in a large resealable bag, add the steaks, and let them sit for about 1 1/2 hours. No more.
Grill the steaks until they're cooked the way you like them. While you're cooking the steaks, heat the marinade over medium heat, reduce to a simmer and keep warm. Spoon a little of the warm marinade over the finished steaks while they're resting.
You're gonna really love this one. I just know it!
More Beef Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
- Garlicky Beef Stew
- Sunday Beef Stew
- The Perfect Grilled Ribeye Steak
- Beef and Scallion Stir-Fry
- Braised Beef Short Ribs with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
steak marinade recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Teriyaki Garlic Steak Marinade from Drick's Rambling Cafe
- Grilled Tri-Tip Steak with Molasses Chili Marinade from Cookin' Canuck
- Marinated Flank Steak (London Broil) from Kalyn's Kitchen
- Bobby Flay's World Famous Steak Rub from Food Network
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 Ribeye steaks
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a re-sealable plastic bag. Add the steaks turning to coat well.
- Marinate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours turning steaks frequently.
- Cook on a charcoal or gas grill. While steaks are cooking, pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle finished steaks with some of the warm marinade while resting.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 820Total Fat: 71gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 54gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 22g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
| facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter |