Citrus marinated ribeye steaks - our favorite cut of steak marinated in olive oil, orange, lemon, rosemary, and garlic.
If you've been a follower of this blog for long, you'll already know that we truly enjoy beef around here. Maybe it's because my daddy always had cows on the farm and that meant beef in our freezer when I was growing up. I just know it's always my protein of choice.
We've tried many different ways of cooking steaks over the years and have settled on a dry rub mixture that we usually use. But recently I wanted to try something a little different, so I came up with this recipe for a Citrus Marinated Ribeye with lots of Mediterranean flavors.
The marinade has good olive oil, fresh lemon juice, orange juice, rosemary, and garlic. It's truly delicious!
The only caution - don't leave your steaks in the marinade too long or the citrus juices will start to cook them. Not good.
How to Make Citrus Marinated Ribeye
Just mix up your marinade ingredients in a large resealable bag, add the steaks, and let them sit for about 1 ½ hours. No more.
Grill the steaks until they're cooked the way you like them. While you're cooking the steaks, heat the marinade over medium heat, reduce to a simmer and keep warm. Spoon a little of the warm marinade over the finished steaks while they're resting.
You're gonna really love this one. I just know it!
You May Also Like ...
- Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
- Garlicky Beef Stew
- Sunday Beef Stew
- The Perfect Grilled Ribeye Steak
- Beef and Scallion Stir-Fry
- Braised Beef Short Ribs with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Citrus Marinated Ribeye
- ½ cup olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 24 ounces ribeye steaks (2 12-ounce steaks)
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a re-sealable plastic bag. Add the steaks turning to coat well.
- Marinate for 1 to 1 ½ hours turning steaks frequently.
- Cook on a charcoal or gas grill. While steaks are cooking, pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle finished steaks with some of the warm marinade while resting.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
More Steak Marinade Recipes ...
- Teriyaki Garlic Steak Marinade from Drick's Rambling Cafe
- Grilled Tri-Tip Steak with Molasses Chili Marinade from Cookin' Canuck
- Marinated Flank Steak (London Broil) from Kalyn's Kitchen
- Bobby Flay's World Famous Steak Rub from Food Network