Sesame Beef Stir-Fry - a beef stir-fry with mixed vegetables seasoned with sesame oil. Serve over rice for an easy weeknight dinner.
This Sesame Beef Stir-Fry is one of my best quick and easy recipes. It's very good for busy days because you can have this on the table in under 30 minutes. And some days that's a very good thing. Most of the time I don't even bother with the cashews. Not that I don't like them. They're good when I add them. I just usually forget to buy them :-)
Some of you who've been reading for years, may remember that we always take our grandchildren on a trip during their summer vacation. Well, that's next week for us. We're going to the beach and there are at least a thousand details that need taking care of before we leave.
I'm a compulsive list maker, so my first step when going away for more than a day is to make a list. You should see my list for this trip!
Since we're staying in a condo, we need to take all kinds of stuff with us so that we can make quick and easy meals there. After all, that's one of the benefits of having a condo - you don't have to eat out for every single meal! No getting up and getting dressed in time for breakfast. Everyone can relax and have breakfast at their own pace.
However, when we're on vacation I really don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. As I always say - "that's not a vacation, that's just a change of sinks." So, I need meals that are very quick to prepare but satisfy everyone. This recipe definitely fits that criteria. The next time you need to get something hot and delicious on the table in a hurry, try this nice, quick beef stir-fry.
How to Make Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
Combine the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Cut the beef into thin strips.
Add the beef to the remaining marinade in the bowl. Toss to coat.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add ½ of the beef and stir-fry for about 1 minute or until the outside surface of the beef is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Remove the beef from the pan and repeat with the remaining beef strips.
Combine vegetables and ¼ cup water in same skillet (don’t clean the skillet out before adding the vegetables).
And, yes, those are frozen stir-fry veggies. Give a girl a break, okay? Sometimes you just don't want to spend 20 minutes chopping before you can start cooking, right? Besides I think it's cheaper to buy that frozen package than it is to buy three different colors of peppers. I'm just sayin'.
Cook over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated and the vegetables are hot, stirring occasionally.
Combine cornstarch mixture and reserved marinade. Add to vegetables. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Add the beef and heat through.
Serve over rice and sprinkle with cashews if desired. Add additional soy sauce to individual servings if desired.
You May Also Like ...
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 pound beef round tip steak cut very thin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 16 ounces frozen stir-fry vegetable mixture
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in ⅓ cup water
- Hot cooked rice optional
- Cashews optional
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Cut beef into thin strips. Add to remaining marinade in bowl. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ½ of beef and stir-fry for about 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Do not overcook. Remove beef from pan and repeat with the remaining beef strips.
- Combine vegetables and ¼ cup water in same skillet (don’t clean the skillet out before cooking vegetables). Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated and vegetables are hot, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch mixture and reserved marinade. Add to vegetables. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Add beef; heat through.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with cashews if desired.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.