These Marbled Brownies use a convenient boxed mix and an easy to prepare cheesecake batter to create a cheery holiday dessert.
Red and green are beginning to show up everywhere, aren’t they? From the store shelves, to holiday decorations, to table settings, and even in desserts those lively colors are proclaiming the arrival of the holiday season!
If you’re looking for a beautiful (and delicious!) recipe for a holiday party or just a tasty ending for tonight’s dinner, I have a fantastic recipe for you.
For these Marbled Brownies, you’ll use a convenient boxed brownie mix, swirled with an easy to make cheesecake batter, and topped with M&Ms® Brand Chocolate Candies.
This recipe comes from the Bright Ideas web site where you’ll find lots of holiday recipe and crafting help. I saw a recipe for Deck the Halls Biscotti over there that’s next on my to-do list.
How to Make Marbled Brownies
To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment and set it aside for now.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract. Set the mixture aside.
Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions. Spoon 2/3 of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
Next, spoon or pour the reserved cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter.
Finally, pour the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese mixture. Swirl the tip of a knife through the batter to make a marbled effect.
Press M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies into the batter. Bake for 45-50 minutes until slightly moist in the center. Cool completely before cutting into 1½-inch squares.
More Brownie Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
- Butterscotch Brownies
- Praline Brownies
- Betty Crocker 1957 Brownies
- Caramel Pecan Brownies
Brownie Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Nutella Brownies from Buns In My Oven
- Brownie in a Mug from Simply Recipes
- My Favorite Brownies from Smitten Kitchen
- Tiramisu Brownies from My Baking Addiction
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from Just a Taste
- Dulce de Leche Brownies from David Lebovitz
- Applesauce Brownies from Baking Bites
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 box (8 oz.) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package brownie mix (choose directions for the cake-style brownies)
- 1 cup M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions.
- Spoon 2/3 of the brownie batter into a parchment-lined 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Spoon the reserved cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter.
- Now scrape the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese mixture.
- Swirl the tip of a knife through the batter to make a marbled effect.
- Press M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies into the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in a preheated, 350 degree oven until slightly moist in the center. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
— This post originally sponsored by M&M.