Simple Grilled Fish is a 5-minute recipe for lightly seasoned and grilled fish fillets
Last Christmas BeeBop gave me a George Foreman grill. I had wanted one for quite a while and was very happy to get it. And for about a month I used that thing nearly every day. Then it got into the back of the cabinet and I kind of forgot about it.
You know the back-of-the-cabinet, right? The place electric kitchen appliances go and are never seen or heard from again. Right — the waffle maker, the pasta machine, the electric iced tea maker — they’re all back there. You know they are.
Well, I thought about that grill the other day and decided I’d get it out and dust it off. It really is a pretty cool appliance and it makes a heck of a hamburger if you can’t use the outside grill.
One thing I had never tried on it, though, was fish. And I had some frozen fish in the freezer, so I thought I’d give it a go.
Now, this recipe for Simple Grilled Fish is hardly a recipe at all. It’s really more of a method. The basic technique can be used with almost any meat for a very quick main dish. You could use it with boneless chicken breasts or boneless pork chops. Whatever.
If you don’t have an electric grill you can, of course, cook these fillets in a saute pan on the stovetop. If you are using an electric grill, go ahead and heat it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How to Make Simple Grilled Fish
Brush one side of the fish fillets lightly with olive oil. I’m using sole fillets here because that’s what I had on hand. I think you could use any kind of fish you like for this.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, Old Bay and paprika.
Place on the grill seasoned side down. Brush the other side with olive oil.
Close the grill and cook according to your grill’s instructions. For the George Foreman grill, it takes approximately 4 minutes.
Use a wide spatula to remove fish fillets to a plate. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle with lemon juice.
That’s it. The whole recipe. Five minutes from start to finish! Now, who doesn’t have time to cook dinner?
Serves 2. Note: You can also cook these fillets in a sauté pan on the stovetop over medium heat.
More Fish and Seafood Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Baked Catfish
- Fried Catfish with Cheese Grits
- Pan Fried Fish with Red Pepper Sauce
- Salmon Croquettes
- Seafood Stew
grilled fish recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Perfect and Simple Grilled Fish Fillets from Bless This Mess
- Grilled Fish with Citrus Herb Crust from Steamy Kitchen
- Citrus Marinated Grilled Fish from Laylita’s Recipes
- Grilled Fish in Parchment from Serious Eats
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 4 fish fillets
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 lemon
- chopped parsley, if desired
- Brush one side of the fish fillets lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, Old Bay and paprika. Place on the grill seasoned side down. Brush the other side with olive oil. Close the grill and cook according to your grill’s instructions. For the George Foreman grill it takes approximately 4 minutes.
- Use a wide spatula to remove fish fillets to a plate. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle with lemon juice.
You can also cook these fillets in a sauté pan on the stovetop over medium heat.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
- George Foreman 5-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press, Platinum, GRP472P
- Tenta Kitchen Flexible Fish Turner Spatula, for Fish/Egg/Meat/Dumpling Frying
- Top Rated Zulay Premium Quality Metal Lemon Lime Squeezer - Manual Citrus Press Juicer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 439 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 299mg Sodium: 729mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 76g