Use fresh, ripe peaches and Georgia pecans to make these Peach Pecan Pancakes for a special breakfast or brunch treat! Top with butter and syrup.
As everyone knows, Georgia is the “Peach State.” Even our vehicle license plates say so. The peach industry in Georgia has a very long tradition starting with the introduction of peaches by Franciscan monks on St. Simons and Cumberland Islands in 1571.
By the mid-1700s, peaches were being cultivated by the Cherokee Indians and by the time of the Civil War, many home orchards were flourishing.
Peaches were first shipped commercially out of the state in 1851. Georgia peach production peaked in the late 1920s and we’re now the third largest producer behind California and South Carolina. However, we still claim that title of Peach State and Georgia girls are still called “Georgia Peaches.”
In Georgia, fresh peach season runs from May through the end of September, so we still have some of the luscious gems available.
I used a few, along with another of Georgia’s largest crops, pecans, to make these Peach Pecan Pancakes.
How to Make Peach Pecan Pancakes:
Sift together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. You’ll notice that these pancakes use a mixture of flour and yellow cornmeal. The cornmeal gives them a really nice nutty background flavor and just a tiny bit of a crunchy texture.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture whisking until just combined.
Stir in the pecans. Let the batter rest a few minutes while you melt a small amount of butter on a griddle or in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Place 3 peach wedges in a spoke-like fashion for each pancake onto the griddle. Pour 1/4 cup batter over each group of wedges to make a pancake.
(Yes, I got it backward as you can see in the photo. It does work better if you put the peach wedges down on the griddle first and then pour the batter over them. I made it work out anyway :-))
Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes or until the tops show bubbles.
Flip the pancakes and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. If necessary, transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in a low oven while finishing all the pancakes.
Serve topped with butter and syrup or whipped cream.
More Pancake Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
Peach Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Peaches and Meringue from Gimme Some Oven
- Peaches and Cream Bars from Taste and Tell
- Grilled Pork Chops with Spicy Balsamic Grilled Peaches from Foodie Crush
- Peaches and Cream Layered Jello from Natasha’s Kitchen
- Peach Salsa from She Wears Many Hats
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 2 tblsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tblsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Additional butter or canola oil for the skillet or griddle
- 3 medium peaches cut into very thin wedges
- Toppings: Powdered sugar, whipped cream, syrup
- Sift together the first five ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture whisking until just combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Melt a small amount of butter on a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place 3 peach wedges in a spokelike fashion for each pancake onto the griddle. Pour 1/4 cup batter over each group of wedges to make a pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes or until tops show bubbles. Flip and cook the other side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. If necessary, transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in a low oven while finishing all the pancakes.
- Serve topped with butter and syrup or whipped cream.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 664 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 120mg Sodium: 780mg Carbohydrates: 99g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 54g Protein: 12g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: