Sweet Greek Flatbread – flatbread topped with warm feta cheese, honey, lemon zest, and oregano. Serve as an appetizer, snack, or light dessert.
I have a little treat for you today. It’s something quick and easy. Something sorta unexpected but interesting and fun. Sweet Greek Flatbread.
I’ve had this idea floating around in my head for a while now and I recently put it to the test. For some reason, I just kept thinking about these flavors. It seemed like a good idea.
Combine some tangy, salty feta cheese with pure, sweet honey, and a sprinkle of lemon zest and oregano. Some of the best of Greek ingredients. I know – the oregano is really unexpected in a sweet recipe, but it works. It works really well! And, trust me, this is so simple you really won’t even need a recipe for it, but I wrote one up just in case.
How to Make Sweet Greek Flatbread
Use one small flatbread or one pita for each person. Place the flatbread on a baking sheet. Crumble the feta onto the bread and put it in a 350-degree oven for 7 or 8 minutes.
Now, I know that feta is not a melting cheese, but when heated it gets really nice and soft and almost creamy. Up until this recipe, I’d only had feta cold in salads so I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it warm! You could serve this little treat as an afternoon snack, an appetizer, or a dessert.
When the feta has softened, remove the pan from the oven and drizzle each flatbread with honey. Scatter over the lemon zest and oregano.
That’s all there is to it. And if it’s too hot for you to start up the oven right now, pop it on the grill instead! Even better.
- 1 flatbread or pita
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 1 tblsp. honey
- ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
- Sprinkle of dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flatbread or pita on a baking sheet.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the bread.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until bread is heated through and feta has softened.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and oregano.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- Microplane Premium Zester Grater - made in USA stainless steel blade -for zesting citrus and grating cheese -Soft touch handle - Turquoise
- Wusthof Classic Chef's Knife: 6"
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 616 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 1299mg Carbohydrates: 101g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 22g Protein: 21g
More Lemon Dessert Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Fresh Berries
- Strawberry-Lemon Muffins
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Basil Palmiers
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
flatbread recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Sweet Banana Flatbread from Love Food Eat
- Cinnamon Sugar Flatbread Crackers from How Sweet It Is
- Charred Corn Caprese Flatbread from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Easy Soft Flatbread from Recipe Tin Eats