Banana Maple French Toast - This whole grain French toast topped with sliced bananas and maple syrup will brighten any morning.
Oh, my gosh, has it ever been a busy week around here! I don't know what happened but it seems like I got hit with three Mondays at once and I thought Friday would never get here. I'm looking forward to this weekend for some rest, cooking fun recipes in the kitchen and watching the Georgia-Florida game on Saturday! GO DAWGS! I have a few new game-day recipes I want to try out on BeeBop and that game will be the perfect opportunity.
And of course you need a substantial breakfast to get you going on game day. That's exactly what this Banana-Maple French Toast is. Substantial. I used a hearty, whole grain bread with fresh eggs, rich cream and a splash of maple syrup. Just a great Fall morning breakfast.
[clickToTweet tweet="Banana Maple French Toast - whole grain French toast topped with sliced bananas and maple syrup." quote="Banana Maple French Toast - whole grain French toast topped with sliced bananas and maple syrup."]
How to Make Banana Maple French Toast
For this French toast, I recommend a good bakery quality, sturdy whole grain bread. It will absorb the egg mixture without turning to mush like a softer bread might.
Combine your eggs, cream, syrup, vanilla and salt in a flat, wide container large enough to accommodate a slice of bread. Beat it together with a fork or a whisk until it's well combined. Dip the bread on one side for a few seconds, then turn and dip the second side for a few seconds.
Cook on a griddle or heavy skillet coated with cooking spray. After the toast is brown on one side, flip and cook the second side until golden brown.
Top each serving with half a sliced banana and drizzle with maple syrup.
Banana-Maple French Toast
- 5 eggs
- 2 tblsp. heavy cream
- 2 tblsp. maple syrup more for serving
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 6 slices hearty whole grain bread
- Cooking spray
- 3 bananas sliced
- Place the eggs, cream, syrup, vanilla and salt in a flat, wide dish or pan.
- Using a fork or whisk, beat until well combined.
- Heat a griddle to 325 degrees or place a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the griddle or pan is hot, dip the bread slices, one at a time into the egg mixture. Leave for a few seconds on each side so that the bread absorbs some of the egg mixture.
- Cook until brown on one side. Flip slices over and cook until browned on the second side.
- Top each slide of French toast with half a sliced banana.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
- Cookin' Canuck's Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast
- Creme Brulee French Toast from Smitten Kitchen
- Cranberry-Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast on Leite's Culinaria
- Stuffed French Toast with Brie and Berries from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Recipe Girl's Pumpkin French Toast
What I was cooking...