Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Roll Pastries – Convenient, refrigerated crescent rolls filled with sweetened cream cheese. Quick and easy!
Even though I enjoy cooking, I’m really not much of a baker. Baking is too precise with all the measuring. It’s just…”fiddly.” And I’m not a fiddly cook.
That’s why these Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Roll Pastries are perfect for me!
Roll out some crescent rolls, fill them with sweetened cream cheese, and bake. Done. I personally believe refrigerated crescent roll dough to be one of the greatest inventions of mankind.
Who Doesn’t Like Convenience?
They’re one of the most versatile “convenience” products in the grocery store. They can go either savory or sweet and can substitute for many types of dough in all sorts of recipes saving hours of mixing, kneading, and rising.
There have even been entire cookbooks written about using refrigerated crescent roll dough. For me, they’re more than convenient – they’re essential.
I once heard someone say “give a southern girl a can of crescent rolls and she’ll make a party!” Darn right.
There are quite a few recipes on Never Enough Thyme that use refrigerated crescent rolls: Crescent Roll Breakfasts Stacks, Prosciutto Ricotta Pinwheels, Italian Style Hand Pies, Sausage Swirls, and Sausage-Pineapple Rollups, to name a few.
This one, with its sweetened cream cheese filling, is very much like a danish pastry. Tender, flaky dough with a lovely sweet filling, they’re very easy and quick to make and are wonderful for breakfast, dessert, or just an afternoon snack. Hope you enjoy them!
How to Make Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Roll Pastries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Unroll half a package (4 rolls) of crescent rolls. Press the seams together and place on the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan.
In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
Spread over crescent rolls in baking dish.
Unroll remaining crescent rolls, press seams together and place on top of cream cheese layer in baking dish.
Top with melted butter.
Sprinkle top evenly with sugar and cinnamon.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and slightly browned. Allow to cool, then slice and serve. May be topped with a drizzle of honey if desired.
More Breakfast Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Crescent Roll Breakfast Stacks
- Hash Brown-Omelet Skillets
- Sausage Gravy and Biscuits with Tomatoes
- Easy Peach Turnovers
- Ham on Rye Breakfast Sandwich
- Easy Weekend Breakfast Strata
crescent roll recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups from Picky Palate
- Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls from Diethood
- Ham and Cheese Crescent Bake from Taste and Tell
- Mexican Stuffed Crescent Rolls from A Spicy Perspective
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 3-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tblsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll half a package (4 rolls) of crescent rolls. Press the seams together and place on the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Stir with wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Spread over crescent rolls in baking dish.
- Unroll remaining crescent rolls, press seams together and place on top of cream cheese layer in baking dish.
- Top with melted butter.
- Sprinkle top evenly with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and slightly browned.
- Allow to cool, then slice and serve. May be topped with a drizzle of honey if desired.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: