This Easy Breakfast Casserole of sausage, eggs, cheese, milk, and bread encompasses all the best breakfast foods in one great dish.
It’s interesting that since I’ve writing this blog the past few months, I find that I post quite a few breakfast recipes. I really never realized that I enjoyed cooking so much in the early morning, but apparently I do!
It’s funny, too, because I’m definitely not a morning person. Don’t know what, if anything, this means in the overall plan of the universe, but just thought it was an interesting observation.
Well, anyway. We had house guests last weekend, BeeBop’s mom and sister, and I wanted to have a nice breakfast for them on Sunday morning before they headed back home, so I mixed up this casserole the night before. On Sunday morning, all I had to do was pop it in the oven and it baked while I got the fresh fruit and sweet rolls ready to go. We all enjoyed it and BeeBop and I had leftovers for Monday morning’s breakfast, too.
How to Make Breakfast Casserole
Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through (no pink remains).
Drain on paper towels.
Cut bread into about ½ inch cubes. Beat together the eggs, milk and mustard.
In a 13×9 baking pan or casserole dish, layer the bread cubes,
then the sausage and cheese.
Pour the milk and egg mixture all over making sure to get some onto all the bread cubes. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, preheat the oven to 350F. Uncover casserole and bake for 45 minutes or until puffed and golden in color. Serves 8.
More Breakfast Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Spicy Breakfast Sausage
- Sausage Potato Hash
- Hash Brown Omelet Skillets
- Country Ham with Red Eye Gravy
Breakfast Casserole Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Amazing Mexican Breakfast Casserole from Gimme Some Oven
- Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Casserole from Kevin and Amanda
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole from I am Baker
- Breakfast Casserole from Weelicious
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 lb. bulk sausage, your choice of mild to hot
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through (no pink remains). Drain on paper towels.
- Cut bread into about ½ inch cubes.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and mustard.
- In a 13x9 baking pan or casserole dish, layer the bread cubes, sausage and cheese in that order.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture all over making sure to get some onto all the bread cubes.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350F. Uncover casserole and bake for 45 minutes.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 268mg Sodium: 864mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 28g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: