Last Saturday my sisters and I had the honor and privilege of celebrating the birthday of one of the two most influential people in our lives - our mother. It was an afternoon full of fun, laughter and good food shared with Mama and many of her closest friends. Enjoy the photos! Oh, and of course, there's a recipe at the end.
I think everyone at the party had a great time laughing and talking and celebrating Mama's special day. I know we "girls" did! Here's a huge "thank you" to both my sisters for everything they did to pull this day together. And, just in case you're interested, the birthday we were celebrating was her 75th. Yes, you read that right - 75. She doesn't look anywhere close to 75, does she?
And, as promised, down b the recipe for that delicious Apple-Pear Salad we served.
Pin to Your Pinterest Salad Board!
Apple-Pear Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
For the salad:
- 1 lb. ready-to-serve Butter Lettuce
- 6 oz. Swiss or Gruyere cheese shaved
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple thinly sliced
- 1 large pear thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup extra light olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tblsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tsp. finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
To make the dressing:
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. May be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Serve at room temperature.
To assemble the salad:
- Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →