Rate This Recipe:
Carrot Pecan Quick Bread – an easy bread made with loads of carrots, warm fall spices, and cane sugar. Great for breakfast, dessert, or afternoon snack.
I always enjoy making quick breads. They’re so easy – usually it’s a matter of mixing the dry stuff together, mixing the wet stuff together, combining the two in a bowl and pouring it in a loaf pan.
And the variety is endless! I have loads of quick bread recipes that include everything from light lemony combinations to warm fall spices like this Carrot Pecan Quick Bread. Just chock full of good-for-you carrots and tasty pecans, this bread is so versatile that you can serve it for breakfast, dessert, or an afternoon snack.
Just be sure you don’t skip the butter and honey. They really make it special.
Because the recipe uses whole wheat flour, it might be a little more dense than you usually expect from a quick bread, and it’s also a little less sweet. Just the way I like it. I really hope you enjoy this one.
How to Make Carrot Pecan Quick Bread
Start by preheating you oven to 350 degrees. Then grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
I don’t think you’d really have to sift the flour, but I like to. Just remember that when you sift whole wheat flour you’ll find that some of the bran will not pass through the sifter. Just add that back to the bowl after sifting.
Add the sugar and stir to blend. I used cane sugar in this recipe but regular white sugar will work fine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, canola oil, and milk.
Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
Fold in the carrots and pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool slightly. Remove from pan.
Serve slices of warm bread with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey. Store bread tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Reheat slices in the microwave before serving.
More Recipes You May Like
- Lemon Raspberry Bread
- Apple Bread with Praline Topping
- Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Cheddar Dill Quick Bread
Carrot Pecan Quick Bread
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup cane sugar white sugar may be used
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Butter for serving
- Honey for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. (Note: when sifting whole wheat flour a bit of bran will not pass through the sifter. Add that back to the bowl after sifting). Add the sugar and stir to blend.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, canola oil, and milk.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the carrots and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly. Remove from pan.
- Serve slices of warm bread with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey. Store bread tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Reheat slices in the microwave before serving.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
More Quick Bread Recipes …
- Pumpkin Quick Bread from Leite’s Culinaria
- Lemon, Yogurt, Berry and Ginger Whole Wheat Quick Bread from Cookin’ Canuck
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Brown Eyed Baker
- Snickerdoodle Bread fromBarbara Bakes
- Raspberry Almond Bread from Joy the Baker
- Rosemary and Bittersweet Chocolate Quick Bread from Family Style Food