Carrot Pecan Quick Bread – an easy bread made with loads of carrots, warm fall spices, and cane sugar. Great for breakfast, dessert, or afternoon snack.
It has been a busy week here! So busy that I never had time to get this post online yesterday as I usually do, so here I am posting on a Saturday. Trying hard to get finished before the Georgia-Old Miss game starts. Can’t miss watching my Dawgs play, you know.
I always enjoy making quick breads. They’re so easy – usually it’s a matter of mixing the dry stuff together, mixing the wet stuff together, combining the two in a bowl and pouring it in a loaf pan.
And the variety is endless! I have loads of quick bread recipes that include everything from light lemony combinations to warm fall spices like this Carrot Pecan Quick Bread. Just chock full of good-for-you carrots and tasty pecans, this bread is so versatile that you can serve it for breakfast, dessert, or an afternoon snack.
Just be sure you don’t skip the butter and honey. They really make it special.
Because the recipe uses whole wheat flour, it might be a little more dense than you usually expect from a quick bread, and it’s also a little less sweet. Just the way I like it. I really hope you enjoy this one.
How to Make Carrot Pecan Quick Bread
Start by preheating you oven to 350 degrees. Then grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
I don’t think you’d really have to sift the flour, but I like to. Just remember that when you sift whole wheat flour you’ll find that some of the bran will not pass through the sifter. Just add that back to the bowl after sifting.
Add the sugar and stir to blend. I used cane sugar in this recipe but regular white sugar will work fine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, canola oil, and milk.
Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
Fold in the carrots and pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool slightly. Remove from pan.
Serve slices of warm bread with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey. Store bread tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Reheat slices in the microwave before serving.
More Quick Breads on Never Enough Thyme:
- Lemon Raspberry Bread
- Apple Bread with Praline Topping
- Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Cheddar Dill Quick Bread
Quick Bread Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Pumpkin Quick Bread from Leite’s Culinaria
- Lemon, Yogurt, Berry and Ginger Whole Wheat Quick Bread from Cookin’ Canuck
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Brown Eyed Baker
- Snickerdoodle Bread fromBarbara Bakes
- Raspberry Almond Bread from Joy the Baker
- Rosemary and Bittersweet Chocolate Quick Bread from Family Style Food
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup cane sugar (white sugar may be used)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Butter (for serving)
- Honey (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. (Note: when sifting whole wheat flour a bit of bran will not pass through the sifter. Add that back to the bowl after sifting). Add the sugar and stir to blend.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, canola oil, and milk.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the carrots and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly. Remove from pan.
- Serve slices of warm bread with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey. Store bread tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Reheat slices in the microwave before serving.
Recipe inspiration: Southern food on about.com
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 286mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: