I’m all for taking some help in the kitchen, like the boxed baking mix used in this recipe for easy Cheddar Dill Quick Bread.
I really enjoy bread baking. I like everything about it from kneading the dough to watching the yeast make it grow and especially the smell that fills the house while it’s baking.
But sometimes I just don’t have the time to bake a yeasted loaf. When time is short, a bread baker’s best friend is a good quick bread like this Cheddar Dill Quick Bread.
This bread uses a boxed baking mix as a shortcut. You just add a few things like fragrant dill and sharp Cheddar cheese to heighten the flavor.
This savory quick bread is great with everything from breakfast to dinner. It makes delicious toast, a nice sandwich, and a wonderful accompaniment for supper. It’s particularly good with soups and stews. Hope you’ll give it a try!
How to Make Cheddar Dill Quick Bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, and sugar. In a medium bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg, dill, and mustard.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until blended. Beat briskly with the spoon for a few seconds to remove any lumps.
Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan on a rack for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More Bread Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
Quick Bread Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Zucchini Sweet Potato Bread from Joy the Baker
- Apple and Rosemary Buttermilk Quick Bread from Local Milk
- Pecan Banana Quick Bread from Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Bacon and Cheddar Beer Bread from Brown Eyed Baker
Pin to Your Pinterest Bread Board!
- 3 cups baking mix (recommend: Bisquick)
- 6 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tblsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tblsp. canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly grease a 9x5 loan pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg, dill, and mustard.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until blended. Beat briskly with the spoon for a few seconds to remove any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: