I'm all for taking some help in the kitchen, like the boxed baking mix used in this recipe for easy Cheddar Dill Quick Bread.
I really enjoy bread baking. I like everything about it from kneading the dough to watching the yeast make it grow and especially the smell that fills the house while it's baking.
But sometimes I just don't have the time to bake a yeasted loaf. When time is short, a bread baker's best friend is a good quick bread like this Cheddar Dill Quick Bread.
This bread uses a boxed baking mix as a shortcut. You just add a few things like fragrant dill and sharp Cheddar cheese to heighten the flavor.
This savory quick bread is great with everything from breakfast to dinner. It makes delicious toast, a nice sandwich, and a wonderful accompaniment for supper. It's particularly good with soups and stews. Hope you'll give it a try!
How to Make Cheddar Dill Quick Bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, and sugar. In a medium bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg, dill, and mustard.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until blended. Beat briskly with the spoon for a few seconds to remove any lumps.
Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan on a rack for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You May Also Like ...
- Easy Homemade Bread
- Black Walnut Pumpkin Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Lemon Raspberry Bread
- Whole Wheat Sourdough Bread
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Cheddar Dill Quick Bread
- 3 cups baking mix recommend: Bisquick
- 6 ounces Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly grease a 9x5 loan pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg, dill, and mustard.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until blended. Beat briskly with the spoon for a few seconds to remove any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.