These easy and quick Savory Pork Chops are seasoned with Italian herbs and braised on the stovetop. A quick dinner for busy summer days.
Are you as busy as we are right now? I love long summer days. So much more daylight hours to get things done. But sometimes it seems like having those extra hours just creates more things to do, though, doesn’t it?
This week, we’re getting ready for our annual vacation trip with the grandkids which this year is the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, and Sedona area. Plus this weekend is Father’s Day. And BeeBop’s sister’s wedding. As I said, we’re just a little busy right now.
It’s days like these that I appreciate quick and simple recipes like these savory pork chops. They’re quick to prepare and cook while you get everything else ready for dinner.
How to Make Savory Pork Chops
To get started, trim any extra fat from four nice, large pork chops. Set the fat aside and sprinkle both sides of the chops generously with salt, pepper, and dried Italian seasoning.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray and add a small amount of the reserved fat that you trimmed from the pork chops. You only want enough to render about a tablespoon of fat in the pan.
When the fat has rendered, add the pork chops to the pan and brown them well on both sides. Add the chicken broth in with the pork chops and bring it up to a boil.
Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until chops are done throughout. Approximately 20-25 minutes.
Remove the pork chops from the pan and set them aside. Increase the heat to bring the liquid to a boil. Continue cooking until the pan juices are reduced to a thin sauce. Spoon the pan sauce over the chops and serve.
More Pork Chops Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- One-Dish Pork Chops and Rice
- Apple Pecan Stuffed Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Apple Puree
- Pork Chops with Potatoes
- Grilled Pork Chops
pork chop recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Drick’s Rambling Cafe‘s Creole Pork Chops Piquante
- Honey Thyme Chops from Kayotic Kitchen
- Pork Chops in Cream Sauce from bell’alimento
- Glazed Pork Chops from Budget Bytes
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 4 pork loin chops, bone-in
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tblsp. Italian seasoning
- Cooking spray
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- Remove any excess fat from chops.
- Sprinkle both sides of chops generously with salt, pepper and dried Italian seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray and add a small amount of the trimmed fat from the pork chops. You want enough to render about a tablespoon of fat.
- When the fat has rendered, add the pork chops to the pan.
- Brown well on both sides.
- Add the chicken broth and bring up to a boil.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer until chops are done throughout. Approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan. Increase the heat to bring the liquid to a boil. Continue cooking until reduced to a thin sauce. Spoon the pan sauce over the chops and serve.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 340 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 133mg Sodium: 842mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 41g