These Slow Cooker Tropical Ribs with their citrus-based sauce are a delicious change of pace. Cooked low and slow for maximum tenderness.
There's not much better to this southern girl than pork ribs. We most often have them with a barbecue sauce, but sometimes it's really nice to change that up a bit.
Using your slow cooker means that the oven isn't going for hours and neither do you have to stand watch over a grill outdoors in the heat. Both of which are why the slow cooker is my favorite way to prepare ribs.
My personal preference is for spare ribs. However, BeeBop likes the "country style" ribs. They're very meaty and have no bones.
He says spare ribs just aren't worth it for the amount of work you have to do. In other words, there's not enough meat on those bones for him! And, truth be told, the country style do better in the slow cooker.
Hope you enjoy these. We certainly did!
How to Make Slow Cooker Tropical Ribs:
Place the ribs in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over the ribs.
Cook for 6-7 hours on low setting or until ribs are done throughout. Spoon some of the sauce over the ribs for serving.
More Slow Cooker Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
- Triple Chocolate Slow Cooker Cake
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Spiced Applesauce in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
slow cooker rib recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Asian Sticky Slow Cooker Ribs from Oh Sweet Basil
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs from Brown Eyed Baker
- Honey Chipotle Slow Cooker Pork Ribs from Life's Ambrosia
- Slow Cooked Pork Ribs in Spicy Adobo Sauce from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- Spicy Dr. Pepper Ribs from The Pioneer Woman
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 2 1/2 lbs country style pork loin ribs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Place the ribs in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over ribs.
- Cook 6-7 hours on low setting. Spoon sauce over ribs for serving.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 236mgSodium: 611mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 77g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
| facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter |