These Slow Cooker Tropical Ribs with their citrus-based sauce are a delicious change of pace. Cooked low and slow for maximum tenderness.
There's not much better to this southern girl than pork ribs. We most often have them with a barbecue sauce, but sometimes it's really nice to change that up a bit.
Using your slow cooker means that the oven isn't going for hours and neither do you have to stand watch over a grill outdoors in the heat. Both of which are why the slow cooker is my favorite way to prepare ribs.
My personal preference is for spare ribs. However, BeeBop likes the "country style" ribs. They're very meaty and have no bones.
He says spare ribs just aren't worth it for the amount of work you have to do. In other words, there's not enough meat on those bones for him! And, truth be told, the country style do better in the slow cooker.
Hope you enjoy these. We certainly did!
How to Make Slow Cooker Tropical Ribs:
Place the ribs in a 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over the ribs.
Cook for 6-7 hours on low setting or until ribs are done throughout. Spoon some of the sauce over the ribs for serving.
More Slow Cooker Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
- Triple Chocolate Slow Cooker Cake
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Spiced Applesauce in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
slow cooker rib recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Asian Sticky Slow Cooker Ribs from Oh Sweet Basil
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs from Brown Eyed Baker
- Honey Chipotle Slow Cooker Pork Ribs from Life's Ambrosia
- Slow Cooked Pork Ribs in Spicy Adobo Sauce from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- Spicy Dr. Pepper Ribs from The Pioneer Woman
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Slow Cooker Tropical Ribs
- 2 ½ lbs country style pork loin ribs
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Place the ribs in a 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over ribs.
- Cook 6-7 hours on low setting. Spoon sauce over ribs for serving.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →