Now that summer is in full swing, we’re all looking for recipes that are easy and very quick to prepare, aren’t we? This Mexican Style Corn Salad is exactly that.
Now, I’ve never been to Mexico, but I’ve certainly heard about the corn many times. It’s corn on the cob that is coated with mayonnaise and cojita cheese and served with a wedge of lime.
Sounds heavenly to me. This recipe basically just takes all those ingredients and combines them with whole kernel corn. Same flavors. About one-third the cooking time. Works for me!
How to Make Mexican Style Corn Salad
This recipe is so simple that you don’t even need my usual step-by-step photos.
- You just open two cans of whole kernel corn (if you have fresh that would be even better – you’ll need the kernels from about four ears for this)
- Bring it to a boil in a saucepan. Let the corn boil for a minute or two, drain it and return it to the pan.
- Add everything else and stir. Easy-peasy!
- 2 cans whole kernel corn
- 1 tblsp. butter
- 2 tblsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated cotija cheese (or substitute Parmesan)
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the corn to a boil over high heat.
- Drain and return the hot corn to the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Other Mexican style corn recipes you might enjoy:
- Mexican Corn on the Cob from Homesick Texan
- Mexican Style Grilled Corn from Taste and Tell
- Mexican Corn and Bean Soup from Weelicious
- Authentic Mexican Corn (Elote) from Sweet Basil
- Mexican Grilled Corn Salad from Undercover Caterer