Make this hearty, satisfying Turkey, Mushroom, and Potato Soup to finish up your Thanksgiving leftovers. Top bowls with a generous amount of cheese and serve with crusty bread.
Sometimes the best recipes happen completely by accident. That's how this delicious soup happened.
It was late afternoon a few days after Thanksgiving when I realized that I had absolutely nothing planned for supper. The grandkids were getting hungry and it was either get in the kitchen and cook or go out.
Honestly, I was so tired I would have just skipped dinner rather than put forth the effort of making myself presentable for going out. So into the kitchen I went.
I started pulling out Thanksgiving leftovers that I thought might go together in a soup. And, my goodness, what a delicious soup it turned out to be!
All that leftover celery, onions, potatoes, and mushrooms combined with the turkey and stock made a flavorful and nutritious soup that we all thoroughly enjoyed. Even the kids. Though I did have to fish all the mushrooms out of their bowls. Still.
Get a Free Cookbook!
How to Make Turkey Mushroom and Potato Soup
This is one of the easiest soups you'll ever make. For real.
Start by sauteing some celery, onions, and mushrooms with butter in a soup pot. Then just add the stock, cream of chicken soup, potatoes, turkey, and seasonings.
Let that all simmer together just until the potatoes are cooked through. Top individual servings with grated cheese.
Serve with some crusty bread or crackers. Delicious every time!
More Recipes You May Like
- Thanksgiving Leftovers: Apple Cranberry Quesadillas
- Asian Inspired Turkey Noodle Bowl
- Leek and Potato Soup
- Peas and Greens Soup
- Sausage and Kale Soup
- Mushroom Soup
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Turkey, Mushroom, and Potato Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 32 ounces chicken or turkey stock
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces grated Fontina cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add the celery, onions, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until celery and onions are wilted and mushrooms and cooked down (about 6-7 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a strong simmer and cook until potatoes are done (about 15-20 minutes).
- Serve in individual bowls topped with grated cheese.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.