Use up your Thanksgiving leftovers to make this satisfying and delicious turkey, mushroom, and potato soup.
Sometimes the best recipes happen completely by accident. That’s how this delicious soup happened.
It was late yesterday afternoon when I realized that I had absolutely nothing planned for supper. The grandkids were getting hungry and it was either get in the kitchen and cook or go out. Honestly, I was so tired I would have just skipped dinner rather than put forth the effort of making myself presentable for going out. So into the kitchen I went.
I started pulling out Thanksgiving leftovers that I thought might go together in a soup. And, my word, what a delicious soup it turned out to be! All that leftover celery, onions, potatoes, and mushrooms combined with the turkey and stock to make a flavorful and nutritious soup that we all thoroughly enjoyed. Even the kids. Though I did have to fish all the mushrooms out of their bowls. Still.
How to Make Turkey Mushroom and Potato Soup
Start by sauteing some celery, onions, and mushrooms with butter in a soup pot. Then just add the stock, cream of chicken soup, potatoes, turkey, and seasonings. Let that all simmer together just until the potatoes are cooked through. Top individual servings with grated cheese.
More Soup Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
turkey soup recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Creamy Wild Rice and Turkey Soup from Taste and Tell
- Turkey Soup from Mixed Greens
- Turkey Tortilla Soup from Laylita’s Recipes
- Spicy Tomato and Turkey Soup with Ditalini from Iowa Girl Eats
Pin to Your Pinterest Soup Board!
- 3 tblsp. butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 32 oz. chicken or turkey stock
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 oz. grated Fontina cheese
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add the celery, onions, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until celery and onions are wilted and mushrooms and cooked down (about 6-7 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a strong simmer and cook until potatoes are done (about 15-20 minutes).
- Serve in individual bowls topped with grated cheese.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1012 Total Fat: 58g Saturated Fat: 22g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 30g Cholesterol: 350mg Sodium: 1776mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 88g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: