Zucchini Fries are a great way to use extra zucchini! These "fries" are coated with bread crumbs and Parmesan and baked until golden brown.
I'm really not a wasteful person. I really try to plan ahead so that I don't buy more than we will use within a reasonable time. However, for some reason, I go absolutely nuts in my store's produce department. And, for some reason, I always buy too much zucchini. I did it again last weekend.
So I had this zucchini sitting in my fridge and I knew I needed to do something with it, but I couldn't face another fork-full of it sauteed. Then I thought, "well, why not fry it? Anything fried is good, right?" Yes, if you don't mind the grease everywhere and the smell for the next three days.
Hmmm. What to do? That's when it came to me - oven fries!!!
I actually made this up on the spot and it was really tasty! If you want to try some zucchini oven fries for yourself, then here's what you'll do:
How to Make Zucchini Fries
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Prepare a baking pan by lining with parchment paper. Or aluminum foil. Whatever you have. Spray the parchment or whatever you used with cooking spray and set it aside.
Wash and dry zucchini. Cut a small slice off each end. Cut zucchini into french fry shapes.
Combine eggs and cream or half-and-half in a large bowl and mix well.
In a shallow pan, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Put all the zucchini fries into the egg and milk mixture and toss well to coat. Just get in there with your hands and mix it all together.
Working in small batches, place the fries into the bread crumb mixture and toss until well coated.
Place the coated zucchini fries on the pan leaving space in between each one. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: after about 10 minutes cooking time they looked a little dry to me, so I sprayed them once more with the cooking spray.
You May Also Like ...
- Tomato-Zucchini Tian
- Zucchini Chips
- Pan Fried Zucchini with Lemon and Parmesan
- Baked Zucchini with Bacon
- 8-Ball Zucchini
- Stuffed Zucchini
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream or half-and-half
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare a baking pan by lining with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry zucchini. Cut small slice off each end. Cut zucchini into french fry shapes.
- Combine eggs and cream or half-and-half in a large mixing bowl.
- In a shallow pan, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Put the zucchini fries into the egg mixture and toss to coat well.
- Working in small batches, place the fries into the bread crumb mixture and toss until well coated.
- Place the coated zucchini fries on the pan leaving space in between each one.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.