Zucchini Fries are a great way to use extra zucchini! These “fries” are coated with bread crumbs and Parmesan and baked until golden brown.
I’m really not a wasteful person. I really try to plan ahead so that I don’t buy more than we will use within a reasonable time. However, for some reason, I go absolutely nuts in my store’s produce department. And, for some reason, I always buy too much zucchini. I did it again last weekend.
So I had this zucchini sitting in my fridge and I knew I needed to do something with it, but I couldn’t face another fork-full of it sauteed. Then I thought, “well, why not fry it? Anything fried is good, right?” Yes, if you don’t mind the grease everywhere and the smell for the next three days.
Hmmm. What to do? That’s when it came to me – oven fries!!!
I actually made this up on the spot and it was really tasty! If you want to try some zucchini oven fries for yourself, then here’s what you’ll do:
How to Make Zucchini Fries
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Prepare a baking pan by lining with parchment paper. Or aluminum foil. Whatever you have. Spray the parchment or whatever you used with cooking spray and set it aside.
Wash and dry zucchini. Cut a small slice off each end. Cut zucchini into french fry shapes.
Combine eggs and cream or half-and-half in a large bowl and mix well.
In a shallow pan, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Put all the zucchini fries into the egg and milk mixture and toss well to coat. Just get in there with your hands and mix it all together.
Working in small batches, place the fries into the bread crumb mixture and toss until well coated.
Place the coated zucchini fries on the pan leaving space in between each one. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: after about 10 minutes cooking time they looked a little dry to me, so I sprayed them once more with the cooking spray.
More Zucchini Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Tomato-Zucchini Tian
- Zucchini Chips
- Pan Fried Zucchini with Lemon and Parmesan
- Baked Zucchini with Bacon
- 8-Ball Zucchini
- Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Easy Baked Zucchini from Spend with Pennies
- Simple Sauteed Zucchini from 101 Cookbooks
- Crispy Zucchini Fritters from Recipe Tin Eats
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 3-4 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 tblsp cream or half-and-half
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare a baking pan by lining with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry zucchini. Cut small slice off each end. Cut zucchini into french fry shapes.
- Combine eggs and cream or half-and-half in a large mixing bowl.
- In a shallow pan, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Put the zucchini fries into the egg mixture and toss to coat well.
- Working in small batches, place the fries into the bread crumb mixture and toss until well coated.
- Place the coated zucchini fries on the pan leaving space in between each one.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1480mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 17g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: