There’s just something about this time of year. Right after the holidays, I always crave fresh, light, bright foods. I’m sure it’s a bodily reaction to all the rich, indulgent eating that goes on around Christmas. I mean, really, we just spent way over a month eating turkey, dressing, homemade cakes, pies, candies, prime rib, roasted buttery vegetables, and loaded mashed potatoes. I can’t imagine why I’d crave something fresh, can you?
When I want something fresh, light, and easy, this Pan Fried Zucchini with Lemon and Parmesan is one of the recipes that I often turn to. I know most people would think of this as a summer recipe when zucchini are overrunning the garden, but I like it year round. And zucchini are always available and inexpensive in my grocery store.
All you need to do is slice your zucchini into about 1/4″ rounds, then salt and pepper it on both sides.
Heat a good, heavy skillet over medium heat and add some olive oil to the pan. Then cook the zucchini until it’s golden brown on one side, flip it over and cook the other side.
Be sure to add the zucchini in a single layer to the pan so the slices don’t overlap and make good contact with the pan. Work in batches and keep the finished slices warm in a low oven.
When you’re finished, arrange the zucchini in a serving plate, squeeze on a little lemon juice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Last step – enjoy!
Other zucchini recipes you might enjoy:
- Gluten Free Fried Zucchini Chips with Lime-Mint Dipping Sauce from Gluten-Free Goddess
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries from Confessions of a Foodie Bride
- Zucchini Fritters from Real Mom Kitchen
- Zucchini Rice Gratin from Smitten Kitchen
- Fried Zucchini Strings from The Pioneer Woman
What I was up to…
- One year ago: Peas and Greens Soup
- Two years ago: English Onion Soup
- Three years ago: Toffee Bars (a.k.a. Redneck Toffee)