Fresh, tender pan fried zucchini sprinkled with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Great side dish for any time of year.
Zucchini is just one of those ubiquitous vegetables that seem to always be present. It’s always in the grocery store’s produce department and always in my fridge’s crisper drawer.
It’s also very easy to grow. I used to plant it every year but it grew so fast and took over so much space in the garden that I stopped growing it myself. Besides, it’s dirt cheap to purchase, right?
I pretty much keep zucchini on hand year round. We enjoy it in every season, but particularly in the winter. Right after the holidays, I always crave fresh, light, bright foods. I’m sure it’s a bodily reaction to all the rich, indulgent eating that goes on around Christmas.
I mean, really, we just spent way over a month eating turkey, dressing, homemade cakes, pies, candies, prime rib, roasted buttery vegetables, and loaded mashed potatoes. I can’t imagine why I’d crave something fresh, can you?
When I want something fresh, light, and easy, this Pan Fried Zucchini with Lemon and Parmesan is one of the recipes that I often turn to.
How to Make Pan Fried Zucchini with Lemon and Parmesan
All you need to do is slice your zucchini into about 1/4″ rounds, then salt and pepper it on both sides.
Heat a good, heavy skillet over medium heat and add some olive oil to the pan. Then cook the zucchini until it’s golden brown on one side, flip it over and cook the other side.
Be sure to add the zucchini in a single layer to the pan so the slices don’t overlap and make good contact with the pan. Work in batches and keep the finished slices warm in a low oven.
When you’re finished, arrange the zucchini in a serving plate, squeeze a little lemon juice over the slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Last step – enjoy!
More Zucchini Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
zucchini recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries from Confessions of a Foodie Bride
- Zucchini Fritters from Real Mom Kitchen
- Zucchini Rice and Cheese Gratin from Smitten Kitchen
- Fried Zucchini Strings from The Pioneer Woman
Pin to Your Pinterest Veggie Board!
- 4 small zucchini, washed and cut in 1/4-inch rounds
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 tblsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tblsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Generously sprinkle both sides of the zucchini slices with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add half the olive oil.
- Place the zucchini in the pan, making sure that the slices don’t overlap. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the bottom of the slices is nicely browned. Turn and cook the other side until browned.
- Transfer finished zucchini slices to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200° oven while you finish cooking the remaining slices.
- Transfer the cooked zucchini slices to a serving plate. Squeeze lemon juice over and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Adapted from the cookbook Welcome to Claire's
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 161 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 125mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 3g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make!
if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: