Barbecued Green Bean Bundles – whole green beans are wrapped in bacon and drizzled with barbecue sauce then baked until delicious!
I reached way back in my archives for the recipe I’m posting today. This recipe for Barbecued Green Bean Bundles made the rounds way back in the 1980’s. You remember. Back when we all wore our hair as big as possible and didn’t worry about the consequences of eating a half pound of bacon at one meal. You remember those days, don’t you?
I haven’t made this recipe in at least twenty years but for some reason I recently started thinking about it again. Of course that meant I had to give it one more try! Know what? It’s still as good as it was twenty years ago.
This goes really well with baked chicken or pork chops. I mean, come on, what does bacon not go with? Duh.
How to Make Barbecued Green Bean Bundles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
All you need for this recipe is three simple ingredients. Some canned whole green beans, some bacon, and some barbecue sauce. This is the only recipe I make with a purchased barbecue sauce. For any other barbecue recipe I use my family’s super-secret sauce recipe. That recipe, however, is very vinegary and tangy and this dish really needs something more mellow and a little sweet. Just use whatever you think your family would like best.
Make bundles of 6 or 7 green beans. Wrap each bundle in bacon and place seam side down in a baking dish.
Drizzle barbecue sauce over beans and bacon.
Bake for 45 minutes or until bacon is nicely browned.
More Green Bean Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Old Fashioned Southern Green Beans
- Green Beans Caesar
- Green Beans with Bacon and Onions
- Braised Green Beans
- Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
Green Bean Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Simply Recipes’ Green Beans with Shallots and Pancetta
- For the Love of Cooking’s Green Beans with Bacon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Bacon Dressed Green Beans on Evil Shenanigans
- Easy Garlic Lemon Green Beans from She Wears Many Hats
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 2 cans whole green beans, drained
- 9-10 slices bacon cut crosswise
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make bundles of 6 or 7 green beans. Wrap each bundle in bacon and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Drizzle barbecue sauce over beans and bacon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bacon is nicely browned.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 113 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 514mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: