These Green Beans Caesar are a delicious side dish and a change of pace from the usual steamed beans. Goes with anything from chicken to pork to fish.
What's your go-to side dish for almost any meal? If you're like 99% of the people I know, it's green beans. They go with almost anything and when I just can't think of something to prep along with dinner, I always know I can whip up some green beans. Yep, good old green beans. Boring old green beans. I cook them until I think, "I can't eat another green bean!"
That's why I'm always looking for more interesting ways to serve them. Sure, they're delicious steamed with a bit of salt and butter added or cooked the old-fashioned southern way seasoned with a ham hock, but today I have something totally different - Green Beans Caesar.
I've tossed cooked green beans with a garlic vinaigrette and topped them with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Pop the dish in the oven for a while and then serve. I could honestly make my whole dinner of just these beans and some bread. So good and so different. A great change of pace from the usual. Hope you enjoy them!
How to Make Green Beans Caesar
Wash the beans and remove the stem ends. Cook in a saucepan or skillet with enough water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain well.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In an ovenproof baking dish, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir with a fork or whisk until well combined. Add the drained green beans and toss to coat.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and bread crumbs, mixing well. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese over the green beans.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
You May Also Like ...
- Green Beans with Bacon and Onions
- Braised Green Beans
- Barbecued Green Beans
- Potato and Green Bean Salad
- Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Green Beans Caesar
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspooon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash the beans and remove the stem ends. Cook in a saucepan or skillet with enough water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In an ovenproof baking dish, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir with a fork or whisk until well combined. Add the drained green beans and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and bread crumbs, mixing well. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese over the green beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.