These Green Beans Caesar are a delicious side dish and a change of pace from the usual steamed beans. Goes with anything from chicken to pork to fish.
What’s your go-to side dish for almost any meal? If you’re like 99% of the people I know, it’s green beans. They go with almost anything and when I just can’t think of something to prep along with dinner, I always know I can whip up some green beans. Yep, good old green beans. Boring old green beans. I cook them until I think, “I can’t eat another green bean!”
That’s why I’m always looking for more interesting ways to serve them. Sure, they’re delicious steamed with a bit of salt and butter added or cooked the old-fashioned southern way seasoned with a ham hock, but today I have something totally different – Green Beans Caesar.
I’ve tossed cooked green beans with a garlic vinaigrette and topped them with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Pop the dish in the oven for a while and then serve. I could honestly make my whole dinner of just these beans and some bread. So good and so different. A great change of pace from the usual. Hope you enjoy them!
How to Make Green Beans Caesar
Wash the beans and remove the stem ends. Cook in a saucepan or skillet with enough water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain well.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In an ovenproof baking dish, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir with a fork or whisk until well combined. Add the drained green beans and toss to coat.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and bread crumbs, mixing well. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese over the green beans.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
More Green Bean Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Green Beans with Bacon and Onions
- Braised Green Beans
- Barbecued Green Beans
- Potato and Green Bean Salad
- Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
Green Bean Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Simple Lemon Green Beans from Love and Lemons
- Green Beans with Shallots and Pancetta from Simply Recipes
- Garlic Lemon Green Beans from She Wears Many Hats
- Roasted Lemon Parmesan Green Beans from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Loaded Skillet Toasted Green Beans from How Sweet It Is
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 2 tlsp. olive oil
- 1 tblsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tblsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tblsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash the beans and remove the stem ends. Cook in a saucepan or skillet with enough water to cover for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In an ovenproof baking dish, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir with a fork or whisk until well combined. Add the drained green beans and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and bread crumbs, mixing well. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese over the green beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 186 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 438mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: