Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes – A quick side dish perfect for roasted or fried chicken, pork, or even beef. Make it in minutes!
This is a nearly effortless, speedy side dish that compliments just about anything but is particularly good with roasted or baked chicken. The original idea for this recipe came from allrecipes.com.
I made my own tweaks, of course, by cutting the amount of butter in half and eliminating the sugar from the sauce. However, if you like sweet tomato sauces, go for it. Sugar and tomatoes together are just a no-go for me. Tomatoes are meant for salt and pepper and herbs. No sugar, but thank you anyway.
Sometimes a great meal, for me, is all about the sides. You always have to have that main focus on the plate, the star of the show, but that star is nothing without the supporting actors. A great side dish can really make or break a lovely dinner. These green beans with cherry tomatoes is one recipe that I think can turn a great dinner into a fantastic dinner! It has just the right combination of flavors and colors to liven up almost any plate.
How to Make Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
Assemble the ingredients.
Bring the beans and water to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic salt, pepper, and basil.
Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring gently just until soft.
Add the beans to the skillet with the tomato mixture and toss gently to blend.
More Vegetable Recipes from Never Enough Thyme
Green Bean Recipes from Other Bloggers
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans from Skinny Taste
- Sesame Green Beans from Taste and Tell
- Garlic Lemon Green Beans from She Wears Many Hats
- Garlic and Bacon Green Beans from Julia’s Album
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed (I use frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tblsp butter
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped, fresh basil
- 2 cups cherry tomato halves
- Bring the beans and water to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic salt, pepper and basil. Add the tomatoes and cook stirring gently just until soft. Add the beans to the skillet with the tomato mixture and toss gently to blend.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 125 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 352mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 8g Protein: 4g
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: