Classic blondies with the addition of chocolate chips and sweet, tart dried cherries. A sweet treat for after school, after work, or after dinner.
What I have for you today is a blondie. A lovely bar cookie, first cousin to brownies, that is easy to make and totally delicious.
As a matter of fact, blondies are pretty much just brownies without the chocolate. Leaving out the chocolate lets the buttery, brown sugary goodness really shine through.
But these are no ordinary blondies. Nope. They have two special additions. Chocolate chips and dried cherries! Yum!
Such a perfect treat for fall weather and good with either a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. Make these this weekend and you'll get hugs from everyone. I guarantee it.
How to Make Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Cherries
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then whisk together the dry ingredients and set that aside.
Use a mixer to beat the butter and both sugars together until you have a nice pale, fluffy mixture. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Now reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture beating until it's well combined.
Switch to a spatula or wooden spoon and stir in the chocolate chips and cherries.
Just look how thick that batter is! It had no problem at all holding the spatula upright.
Press the batter into a 9x13 pan, no greasing necessary, and bake it until a tester comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it.
Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. When ready to serve, cut into squares and dust with a little powdered sugar.
You May Also Like ...
- Outrageous Chocolate Cookies
- Turtle Cookie Bars
- Almond Joy Cookies
- Chocolate Raspberry Bar Cookies
- Graham Cookie Bars
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love for you to give it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card and/or in the comments section further down.
You can always stay in touch on social media by following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest and Sign Up to Get my Newsletter, too!
Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Cherries
- 2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and both sugars together until pale and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture. Beat until combined.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips and cherries.
- Press batter into a 9x13 metal pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs (28-30 minutes).
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. When ready to serve, cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.