Lemon Dill Potato Salad – A warm potato salad dressed with a mixture of olive oil, lemon, and dill. No mayo in this one!
Most people think of potato salad as a summertime dish, but it’s year-round at our house. My traditional potato salad with mayonnaise is one of BeeBop’s favorite recipes and I particularly enjoy it with anything barbecued. But every once in a while, I like a little change.
Plus, if you’re taking your potato salad on the road to a picnic or a friend’s house, keeping that mayonnaise safe can be tricky. That’s when I really enjoy this Lemon Dill Potato Salad. It’s dressed with a tangy lemon, garlic, and oil mixture and makes a perfect alternative to the standard mayo-based salad, don’t you think?
How to Make Lemon Dill Potato Salad
First, scrub the potatoes well to remove all traces of dirt. Place them in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
While the potatoes cook, make the dressing. Combine the garlic, lemon juice and zest, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until well combined.
Drain the potatoes and cut into bite-sized cubes. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green onions, pimiento, and the dressing mixture. Toss well. Serve warm.
More Salad Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Grapes
- Spring Salad with Strawberries and Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- My Favorite Greek Salad
- Winter Shrimp Salad
potato salad recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Provencal Potato Salad from Simply Recipes
- Lobster and Potato Salad from Smitten Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Beets from A Communal Table
- Potato Salad with Dill and Horseradish Aioli from A Thought for Food
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
- 1 1/2 lb. small, red-skinned potatoes
- 2 tblsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tblsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2-3 green onions, minced
- 2 tblsp. chopped pimiento, drained
- Scrub the potatoes well to remove all traces of dirt. Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes cook, make the dressing. Combine the dill, garlic, lemon juice and zest, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Drain the potatoes and cut into bite-sized cubes. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green onions, pimiento, and the dressing mixture. Toss well. Serve warm.
All text and photographs on Never Enough Thyme are copyright protected. Please do not use any material from this site without obtaining prior permission. If you'd like to post this recipe on your site, please create your own original photographs and either re-write the recipe in your own words or link to this post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 596mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritonix and may not always be perfectly accurate. Use your own judgment.
Be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #nevrenoughthyme or tag @nevrenoughthyme so I can see and share what you make! if you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post: