A warm potato salad dressed with a mixture of olive oil, lemon, and dill. No mayo makes it safer for picnics!
Most people think of potato salad as a summertime dish, but it's year-round at our house. My traditional potato salad with mayonnaise is one of BeeBop's favorite recipes and I particularly enjoy it with anything barbecued. But every once in awhile, I like a little change.
Plus, if you're taking your potato salad on the road to a picnic or a friend's house, keeping that mayonnaise safe can be tricky. That's when I really enjoy this Lemon Dill Potato Salad.
It's made with little red potatoes tossed with a tangy lemon, garlic, and olive oil dressing. I think it's absolutely delicious and makes a perfect alternative to the standard mayo-based salad.
How to Make my Lemon Dill Potato Salad Recipe
First, scrub the potatoes well to remove all traces of dirt.
Cut the washed potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Make the Dressing
In a medium bowl, combine the dill, garlic, lemon juice and zest, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
TIP: Of course fresh dill is best, but it's not always available. If you can't get fresh dill, you can easily substitute 1 ½ teaspoons dried dill weed in this recipe.
Chop the green onions and drain the pimientos and set aside.
Drain the potatoes. Add the warm potatoes, chopped green onions, and pimiento, to the dressing mixture.
Toss well to mix the ingredients and thoroughly coat the potatoes with the dressing.
Serve warm. Enjoy!
More Salad Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Bow Tie Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Grapes
- Spring Salad with Strawberries and Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- My Favorite Greek Salad
- Winter Shrimp Salad
Potato Salad Recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Provencal Potato Salad from Simply Recipes
- Lobster and Potato Salad from Smitten Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Beets from A Communal Table
- Potato Salad with Dill and Horseradish Aioli from A Thought for Food
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Lemon Dill Potato Salad
- 1 ½ pounds small red-skinned potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove minced or grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 green onions minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento drained
- Scrub the potatoes well to remove all traces of dirt.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil.
- Cook 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing. In a medium bowl, combine the dill, garlic, lemon juice and zest, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes, green onions, and pimiento to the bowl with the dressing mixture.
- Toss well to combine the ingredients and coat the potatoes thoroughly with the dressing.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.