Cheesy mushroom pinwheels - an easy hors d'oevure using a refrigerated crust shortcut with mushrooms, green onions, and cream cheese.
The big day - Christmas - is just a few days away! Ask me if I have everything done. Go ahead. But be ready for the glare that comes back your way :-)
No, just like most everyone else I'm still running around like a crazy person trying to finish all the hundreds of little tasks that have to be completed by the 25th. And loving every minute of it. Really. I am.
During this time of craziness, it's really comforting to know that you have recipes that are quick to make when friends stop by or to take with you to holiday parties. And these Cheesy Mushroom Pinwheels appetizer couldn't be easier or tastier. They're loaded with cream cheese and mushrooms and made super easy by using a convenient refrigerated pizza crust.
How to Make Cheesy Mushroom Pinwheels
All you do is chop up some mushrooms and green onions very finely.
Then you cook those for a little while in a bit of butter.
Let that mixture cool and then combine it with some softened cream cheese.
Roll out the pizza crust, slather on the cream cheese and mushroom mixture...
roll the whole thing up and cut it into slices.
Put the slices on a greased baking sheet, brush them with egg wash and sprinkle them with poppy seeds. Pop the baking sheet in the oven and cook until golden brown.
You can serve these little gems either warm or at room temperature. They're great with a glass of wine or whatever your libation of choice might be.
More Hors d'Oeuvres Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Sausage-Pineapple Rollups
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
- Sausage Balls with Two Dipping Sauces
- Baked Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Cherry Tomatoes
- Baked Fontina with Herbs
Easy Hors d'Oeuvres from Other Bloggers:
- Black Pepper and Parmesan Puff Pastry Cheese Straws from Always Order Dessert
- Crab Dip from Lemons and Anchovies
- A collection of Super Fast, No Cook Appetizers from The Kitchn
- Baked Brie from Taste of Home
- Warm Rosemary Olives from MyRecipes.com
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Cheesy Mushroom Pinwheels
- 2 cups about 6 oz. minced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tblsp. butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Pillsbury thin pizza crust
- Cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp. water
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- Cook the mushrooms and green onions in butter until softened. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then combine with the cream cheese and salt in a small bowl.
- Spread the cheese-mushroom filling over the pizza crust.
- Roll the pizza crust from the long side pinching the ends to seal.
- Cut the roll into 1/2-inch slices and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the egg with water in a small bowl and brush over each slice.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a baking sheet to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
-- This post was originally sponsored by General Mills.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →