Baked Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Cherry Tomatoes – cherry tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and prosciutto baked until bubbly.
This Baked Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Cherry Tomatoes is something I made up on a Saturday afternoon because I was craving Italian flavors and didn’t want pizza or pasta. I served it “communal style” (that is, standing around the kitchen counter) with crusty garlic bread for dipping in and scooping up the melted cheese.
Ever since that Saturday afternoon, we’ve enjoyed this dish again and again for a quick snack or a light lunch. I’ve even served it as a before dinner appetizer with drinks.
It works either way – appetizer, snack, lunch, and could also serve as a dip with large croutons made from a good baguette. It’s particularly good with a glass of crisp, white wine.
How to Make Baked Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Cherry Tomatoes
Let’s Go Step-by-Step
I always like to show you the photos and step-by-step instructions for my recipes to help you picture how to make them in your own kitchen. If you just want to print out a copy, you can skip to the bottom of the post where you’ll find the recipe card.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in an ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle the tomatoes with the salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the basil and parsley over the tomatoes.
Add the finely chopped green onions and garlic.
Slice (or grate) the mozzarella into thick slices and place on top of other ingredients.
Tear the prosciutto into thin ribbons and drape it evenly over the cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly and the prosciutto is crispy. Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
*Note about the cheese: You need to choose one that will melt without “weeping” very much or else the dish will be watery. The fresh mozzarella packed in water is tempting, but it’s not the best choice for this dish. Choose one that is a bit drier. For instance, a block-type mozzarella that’s meant to be sliced or grated.
🧾 More Recipes You’ll Like
- Cheese Grits
- Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Sweet and Spicy Peanuts
- Chili Cheese Browns
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Classic Macaroni and Cheese
Have you tried this recipe? I’d really appreciate you giving it a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card or in the comments section.
AND REMEMBER TO SIGN UP FOR MY FACEBOOK GROUP.
If you’d like to hang out with me and lots of other online Southern Comfort Food lovers, make sure to join my FREE PRIVATE Facebook group.
Baked Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tblsp. chopped fresh basil
- 3 tblsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese sliced or grated
- 3 oz. prosciutto torn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and place in an ovenproof baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle basil and parsley over tomatoes
- Add green onions and garlic.
- Slice the mozzarella into thick slices and place on top of other ingredients.
- Tear the prosciutto into thin ribbons and drape over the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly and prosciutto is crispy.
- Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your health care provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.