These graham cookie bars are easy to make with chocolate chips and butterscotch morsels.
Holiday baking season is in full swing! I don't know about you, but I always appreciate an easy, delicious recipe to add to my baking repertoire. These Graham Cookie Bars fit that description perfectly.
Dump everything into a bowl, mix it up, press it in a pan, and bake. You can't get much simpler than that.
I always prefer bar cookies to any other kind because, well, I'm just a lazy baker. And the older I get, the less patience I have with fiddly things in the kitchen. Or anywhere else for that matter. I'll take a dump and bake recipe any day over a mix, roll, refrigerate, and cut out recipe.
Another plus, in my opinion, is that this is an old - really old - recipe. It has been around for as long as I can remember and I have no idea where it originated. It has appeared in dozens of community and church cookbooks over the years (always a good recommendation if you ask me) but its absolute origin is unknown.
The original probably started with smashing up some graham crackers, but thankfully you can skip that step now and just purchase your crackers already pulverized. That's what I did.
How to Make Graham Cookie Bars
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then very heavily butter or grease a square pan. Either an 8 or 9-inch pan works fine for this.
Place all your ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Make sure you get a nice, homogenous mixture.
Press it into your prepared pan and pop it in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 45 minutes on a rack. Cut into 1 1/2" squares. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
More Cookie Recipes on Never Enough Thyme:
- Turtle Cookie Bars
- Outrageous Chocolate Cookies
- Almond Joy Cookies
- Chocolate Raspberry Bar Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Forgotten Cookies
Bar cookie recipes from Other Bloggers:
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars from My Baking Addiction
- Tropical Magic Bar Cookies from Barbara Bakes
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Squares from Bake or Break
- Simple Brownies with Chocolate Frosting from Southern Living
Like This Recipe? Pin It!
Graham Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Pinch of salt
- 14 oz. can condensed milk i.e., Eagle Brand
- Powdered sugar optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Heavily grease or butter an 8 or 9-inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove for oven and cool in the pan on a rack for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 1 1/2” squares. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Lana Stuart is the cook and occasional traveler here at Never Enough Thyme. Lana has been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove and started this blog in 2009 to share her delicious home cooking recipes. You'll find about 700 recipes here so there's sure to be something your family will like!
More About Lana →