This delightful No-Bake Banana Fudge Pie will be the standout dessert at your next get-together! With just 20 minutes of prep time, this no-bake dessert takes banana cream pie to another level with a rich, chocolate layer and a pudding filling on top of a graham cracker crust.
If you’re a fan of banana cream pie you will be an even bigger fan of my version with the added bonus of a chocolate fudge layer and graham cracker crust. Every bite of this delicious dessert will have you wishing for more than one serving!
Banana Fudge Pie is just as great for your Easter dinner as it is perfect for summer cookouts. The layers of pudding, fudge, bananas, and crust are beautiful when sliced and the complex, complementary flavors make this a family favorite!
I made this easy version of banana pudding pie by using instant pudding and whipped topping, but you could easily cook a vanilla custard and use real whipped cream. If you don’t have vanilla pudding mix at home, banana, French vanilla, or even cheesecake flavor pudding mix would be delicious.
❤️ Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s easy and quick to make – there are no complicated cooking techniques and nothing to heat up your kitchen making it a great option for summer weather. If you can melt chocolate chips and combine pudding mix with milk, you can make this recipe.
- It’s customizable – Try substituting the vanilla pudding with banana or cheesecake flavored pudding. And, if you’re a chocolate lover, you might give dark chocolate chips a try in place of the semi-sweet ones.
- It’s so flavorful – The combination of bananas, vanilla pudding, fudgy chocolate, and graham crackers with whipped topping is an unbeatable mixture.
🛒 Ingredient Notes
This easy recipe is made using simple ingredients that you would find in just about every grocery store. You may even have everything at home already.
This post contains affiliate links. Lana’s Cooking is reader-supported and earns a tiny commission at no extra cost to you when you shop from our links.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Use high quality chocolate chips for best results. I typically use Ghirardelli brand chocolate chips.)
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust (Purchase a good quality crust such as Keebler brand, or make your own.)
- Instant Pudding Mix (Either vanilla or banana pudding mix works well in this recipe. Make sure you’re purchasing instant pudding mix, not “cook & serve.” Cook & serve requires additional time for cooking and cooling, the instant type does not.)
- Whipped Topping (The most popular whipped topping is Cool Whip brand. You may also use your own whipped, sweetened heavy cream.)
🥄 How to Make No-Bake Banana Fudge Pie
STEP 1. Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons of milk, and butter in a medium bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
STEP 2. Spread melted chocolate evenly into the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
STEP 3. Prepare the pudding according to package directions. Let stand for 5 minutes.
👉 PRO TIP: Be sure to use an instant pudding mix, not a “cook & serve.” Cook & serve pudding requires more time for cooking and cooling. The instant type does not.
STEP 4. Slice 1-2 medium bananas and arrange the slices in one even layer on top of the chocolate.
STEP 5. Spoon the pudding into the crust, completely covering the layer of bananas.
STEP 6. Top with whipped topping. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
Serve topped with additional sliced bananas and chocolate shavings.
- A drizzle of caramel ice cream topping would be a fun addition to the top of each slice.
- Serve sliced strawberries on the side with each serving of banana and chocolate pie.
- If you prefer a traditional flaky pie crust, substitute a baked, cooled pie shell instead of the graham cracker crust.
- Wait until ready to serve the pie to top with additional banana slices. This will ensure that the slices are fresh and haven’t started to brown.
- To make clean, neat slices, use a very sharp knife and run the blade under hot water between each cut.
- The pie may be frozen for up to 1 hour to solidify the pudding if desired.
- If you really like bananas, try a double layer on top of the chocolate.
🍚 How to Store
Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To freeze, follow the recipe up to the point of adding the whipped topping. Set the pie on a flat surface in the freezer and leave until completely frozen. Once solidly frozen, remove and wrap with a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Add whipped topping and fresh bananas before serving.
⏲️ How to Prep Ahead
You can make the crust and pudding ahead of time and then assemble the pie when you’re ready to serve it.
❓ Questions About Banana Fudge Pie
Use the fine teeth of a grater and carefully shave a chocolate bar over the pie. You can also find chocolate spirals and shavings in the baking aisle at some grocery stores.
You can use cooked pudding and freshly whipped cream for your pie but you’ll need to allow additional preparation time. Cook and completely cool the pudding before continuing to assemble the pie.
More Questions? I’m happy to help!
If you have more questions about the recipe, or if you’ve made it and would like to leave a comment, scroll down to leave your thoughts, questions, and/or rating!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
No-Bake Banana Fudge Pie
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix (substitute banana flavor or cheesecake flavor)
- 1 ¼ cups whipped topping
- Microwave the chocolate, 2 tablespoons of milk, and butter in a medium-size bowl on high for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread evenly into the crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice 1-2 bananas and arrange in one even layer on top of chocolate.
- Spoon pudding into the crust, covering the bananas.
- Top with whipped topping. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Serve topped with additional sliced bananas and chocolate shavings.
- Cover and store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- To freeze, follow the recipe up to the point of adding the whipped topping. Set the pie on a flat surface in the freezer and leave until completely frozen. Once solidly frozen, remove and wrap with a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Add whipped topping and fresh bananas before serving.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and is provided for informational purposes. You should consult your healthcare provider or a registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.